Emergency Medicine Registrar | October 2022 at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board you become a part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
At the Canterbury District Health Board you will gain world class experience with a variety of cases, as well as a high level of medical education, training and supervision.
We see over 100,000 patients per year in our Emergency Department! As the tertiary referral centre for trauma in the region, we deal with the full range of medical and surgical problems whilst being supported by a dedicated team of senior nursing staff.
The Role: Where you fit in
- Full-time Emergency Medicine Registrar
- Commencing October 2022
- Located at Christchurch Hospital
- Adopt a generalist skill set covering both medical and surgical arenas
- Accredited with the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) training for 2 years
- Enhance your career with first class training and supervision from the Medical Education & Training Unit (METU) and be supported by our Resident Doctors- Support Team (RDST)
- Work in a supportive and friendly team environment
- Live in a vibrant city, with a creative undercurrent - we have hills, beaches and ski fields a short drive from Christchurch City.
- You will have completed PGY3 (or FY3) by your desired start date
- You will have at least 6 months- experience in Emergency Medicine
- You will be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council-s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- Welcoming applications from IMG-s (Please note the restrictions on entering New Zealand in 2022 have recently changed, please see the following link for more information): Travel to New Zealand | Unite against COVID-19 (covid19.govt.nz)
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata - Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What-s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity. Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Apply now online! To find out more information please contact the RDST team:
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the -Apply Now- button below. You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, clearly stating your preferred role, and
- Contact details for three referees.
- If you have an international medical qualification or are applying for a new scope of practice not previously assessed by MCNZ, then you will also need to create an Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC) account here: https://www.ecfmgepic.org/. See here for EPIC information: http://bit.ly/2jrOIrE.
Please note that the role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.