Principal Advisor - National Services at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Pivotal role, providing strategic oversight and participating in project delivery
- Strong preference for Auckland as work location but also open to Wellington
- Fixed term until 20 January 2023, Rate $144,310 (pro rata)
Kāinga Ora has a COVID-19 Vaccination policy that requires employees to be fully vaccinated, you will be required to provide your vaccination pass during the recruitment process.
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
Reporting to the Director Maintenance Contracting and Asset Services, the Principal Advisor provides strategic advice, input and delivery planning for a range of strategic and legislative initiatives which impact and/or are key deliverables for the Maintenance Contracting and Asset Services Group. This means you will enjoy a broad and varied role where you'll provide expert practical and strategic advice on a range of matters including ministerial briefings, cabinet papers, public consultation materials and participate in a range of programme delivery, contract and asset management projects.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
With a natural flair for networking and stakeholder engagement, our ideal candidate will bring:
- Previous work experience at a mid-level in the maintenance or construction operations/delivery field, preferably with exposure to project and/or contract management
- Programme management administration and reporting experience with exposure to programme management methodology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and in plain language
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster good stakeholder relationships through consultation and partnership
- Understanding of asset management principles and the building regulatory environment
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave, and flexible working arrangements.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday, 22 May 2022.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.