Radiation Therapist - New Zealand at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 40 hour per week full time permanent positions
Have you been looking for a change? Now is your opportunity to join a busy Radiation Therapist team based at Christchurch Hospital, the largest tertiary centre in the South Island.
In your move to Ōtautahi, Christchurch you will see what it means to have work-life balance and where adventure is never far away. If you-re a considering a move, this could be your best one yet!
This is your chance to join a health system that truly cares. Here in Ōtautahi, the Canterbury District Health Board is a world leader in the delivery of integrated healthcare, and right now we have the opportunity for you!
As a highly skilled Radiation Therapist, you will be eager to play a key role in continuing our drive of constant improvement, provide exceptional care and delivery of service, and enjoy a varied and fast paced environment.
Your next team| tō tīma
Our Radiation Therapy department at Christchurch Hospital currently has multiple exciting opportunities for qualified Radiation Therapists to join us on a Permanent full-time basis! We are an experienced team who are passionate about continued professional development and supporting team education. Our department has 4 Elekta linear accelerators, a Siemens 64 slice CT scanner and Monaco treatment planning system. The department provides a gynaecological and prostate HDR brachytherapy service and uses Mosaiq as its patient management system.
The department currently provides a full range of radiation therapy services including VMAT, DCAT, SABR(lung), SRT Brain Metastases, deep inspiration breath hold and the full spectrum of IGRT modalities. Development and expansion into other sites using IMRT/SBRT techniques is ongoing.
We have a strong departmental culture with a focus on providing excellence in patient care. The department offers a great work-life balance including 5 annual weeks leave per year.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Planning, delivering and recording radiation treatment accurately and efficiently;
- Proving information and education to patients and their family/whanau where appropriate;
- Assisting with the clinical training and ongoing clinical assessment of Radiation Therapy students, in conjunction with the clinical tutor;
- Identifying areas of improvement and displaying enthusiasm to participate in change.
- Developed technical skills in radiation treatment planning and delivery, brachytherapy, and radiation oncology patient management systems;
- Must be eligible for registration as a Radiation Therapist by the Medical Radiation Technologists Board of New Zealand;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work as part of a team;
- A commitment to quality outcomes and patient-centred care.
https://www.mrtboard.org.nz/pre-registration/overseas-trained-how-to-register/So, are you interested?
Apply online, or to find out more information or organize an informal conversation with the hiring manager, please contact Daniel Bonnett - Recruitment Partner.
Your application will be reviewed and progressed as soon as possible.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.