Youth Justice Co-ordinator at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent, Full Time, Tauranga
Are you a recognised leader that wants to make a positive difference for tamariki, rangatahi, their whānau and your community? We are looking for a permanent Youth Justice Coordinator to join our passionate team.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As a Youth Justice Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing Family Group Conferences (FGCs) in accordance with the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989. You will work with tamariki/rangatahi, whānau and the wider community to address the underlying causes which have led to the offending of tamaiti/rangatahi. You will be able to incorporate a mana enhancing and restorative approach within your practice and utilise the combined knowledge of community resources, networks, and opportunities. The work you do will contribute to create an alternative offending-free future for the tamaiti/rangatahi.
The Youth Justice team work in partnership with tamariki/rangatahi who offend, their whānau, hapū, iwi, courts, the people affected by the offending, Police Youth Aid, community organisations and schools to find the right local solutions to reduce the rate and severity of youth re-offending.
The team is passionate about doing the right thing for our tamaiti/rangatahi, whānau and the people affected by the offending. You will be provided with 1-1 coaching and mentoring with the Team Leader of FGCs and further support from the other experienced Youth Justice Manager and Coordinators.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- In order to be responsive to tamaiti/rangatahi and whānau Māori you will have a deep understanding of te Ao Māori and an ability to apply tikanga Māori and Te Reo Māori within Family Group Conferences and your day-to-day practice
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Proven negotiation and advocacy skills as well as strong problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with Excellent group facilitation and mediation skills
- Vast experience working within your community and establishing strong relationships with stakeholders
- To be highly organised, methodical and solutions focused
- Computer literate with the ability to write court reports and other notes
- Hold a full clean driver licence
- An understanding of youth law and/or practice
- A bold, tenacious, courageous and resilient outlook
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
- A salary range between $73,440 - $91,800
- Flexible work opportunities
- A great, knowledgeable team who have each other's backs
- Regular supervision, training and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to have a positive impact on your community
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Apply now as applications close: 24 May 2022
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Mirko.Tojaga@ot.govt.nz
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
At this time Oranga Tamariki invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021).We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption. We will require evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.