Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive at Te Rākau Whakamarumaru | National Emergency Management Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Supporting the Chief Executive in all aspects of their role to enable them to fully meet the demands of their position.
- Primary liaison between NEMA and the Minister's Office
- Working strategically with all members of the Office of the Chief Executive
- Permanent position, available immediately
Fantastic opportunity for someone to join us as an Executive Assistant to our Chief Executive and deliver in a varied and high-performance environment.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) provides national leadership to New Zealand's distributed emergency management system. NEMA's primary focus is on the performance and capability of the emergency management system as a whole, across all hazards and all risks and the 4 Rs of risk reduction, readiness, response and recovery. We are going through an exciting phase of growth and there will be more opportunities with NEMA over the coming months.
NEMA values diversity and inclusion. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity of our communities. We value and respect the contributions of our people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. We support flexible ways of working that bring out the best in you.
We are committed to doing our part to deliver on the Crown's commitments to Māori under Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We strive to actively build te Ao Māori perspectives and capability into our day to day work, values and practices.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The purpose of the Executive Assistant position is to provide the Chief Executive with dependable personal secretarial support and provide some wider administrative support to NEMA and the Minister's Office.
The Office of the Chief Executive / Te Tumu Whakahaere includes the Chief Executive, the Executive Assistant, Chief of Staff, the Private Secretary, Chief Science Advisor and Principal Advisor and Coordinator to the Emergency Services Leadership Board.
Ko wai koe | About you
We are looking for a candidate with the following attributes:
- Excellent secretarial and process management skills
- Ability to negotiate and manage the Chief Executive's deliverables
- Influencing without authority and working to deadlines
- A high level of integrity, and ability to create trusting relationships at all levels
- Adaptable to the needs of the current environment
- Experience in working with multiple internal and external stakeholders including? senior leadership teams and community leaders
- Open to change and a willingness to engage with new thinking and opportunities
- A high level of computer literacy in Microsoft packages
- Ability to anticipate and prioritise the workload and demands of the Chief Executive
Ta matou e tuku | What we offer
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a working environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. We welcome diversity, in all its forms and we believe it is a strength.
All NEMA roles are flexible by default and a positive work life balance is encouraged.
Due to the security requirements of this role, applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
DPMC and NEMA have adopted a Vaccination Policy which requires all candidates to have a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, otherwise known as a My Vaccine Pass (CVC) in order to commence employment.
Me pehea te tono | How to apply
Applications close Monday 23 May 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Rākau Whakamarumaru | National Emergency Management Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||NEMA JD - EA to Chief Executive (May 2022).docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.