Portfolio Manager at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Exciting career opportunity to work at New Zealand Debt Management, the Treasury.
- Fast-paced and varied work, managing financial market risks across various NZD and foreign currency portfolios
- Work across domestic and global financial markets
- Join an ambitious, collaborative and social team
Mō mātou | About Us
At Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the New Zealand Debt Management (NZDM) team, based in either Wellington or Auckland. NZDM is one of the functions of the Capital Markets Directorate at the Treasury. The Funding, Investment and Markets team is responsible for managing the Crown's funding strategy and borrowing requirements, liquidity portfolios, and overall management of the core Crown's financial markets risk including providing corporate treasury services to government departments.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
As Portfolio Manager you will work alongside our high performing team to:
- Conduct government securities tenders and syndications
- Manage portfolios of liquid financial assets
- Manage financial market risks by transacting in foreign exchange and interest rate derivative products
- Provide financial markets advice to other government agencies
To be considered for this role, you will need to have demonstrated financial markets experience and the ability to contribute to strategic risk management issues across the Capital Markets Directorate.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
You will be a self-starter, who is comfortable working independently, and has demonstrable experience making effective decisions in complex situations and under time pressure. You will have at least three years of demonstrated experience managing risks across foreign exchange, interest rate and credit markets.
In addition, this role will suit candidates who have:
- The ability to innovate, solve problems and deliver solutions
- A track record of excellent judgement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The highest level of personal responsibility and ethics
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and high-performing team and internal opportunities across the organisation
- An environment where excellence is recognised, and staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential
- A workplace that values diversity and inclusion and recognises the value of your lived experiences
- Flexible work arrangements and encouragement to enjoy a positive work/life balance with and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- 5 weeks annual leave for permanent full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time employees)
Tono mai ināianei | Apply Now
Please see the Job Description for further detail or for more information and a korero please contact Matthew Collin (Head of Funding, Investments and Markets) Matthew.Collin@treasury.govt.nz
Rā kati | Applications close: Tuesday 24th May. All applications must be made online. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Job Description_Portfolio Manager.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.