Senior Advisor - Communications (Urban Development and Construction) at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a new team dedicated to providing communications strategy, support and services for Kāinga Ora urban development and construction business units.
- Bring your strong communications background, and excellent interpersonal skills to support senior leaders, and work collaboratively with other teams to tell our housing supply story.
- Salary $120,914 + 5 weeks' annual leave, plus a suite of insurances.
Kāinga Ora has a COVID-19 Vaccination policy that requires employees to be fully vaccinated, you will be required to provide your vaccination pass during the recruitment process.
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
Join a newly formed team, providing strategic communication leadership to support the housing supply and urban development story of Kāinga Ora.
Kāinga Ora has a significant amount of work underway to deliver homes and communities to address New Zealand's housing shortage. The successful candidates will, along with the Communications Manager, make up the team providing strategic communications advice, planning and support for key business units involved in this work - Commercial Group, Construction and Innovation, Urban Planning and Design, and Urban Development and Delivery.
Providing an account management comms service for 1-2 of these business units, you'll build strong relationships with senior leaders and their teams, providing leadership and direction on external communications to support the organisation's housing supply and urban development objectives and aspirations.
Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and teams, you will drive impactful campaigns to increase positive public perception of key programmes of work, and enhance the reputation of Kāinga Ora.
Working in a close-knit team, you'll be delivering communications plans in a fast-paced, complex but rewarding environment.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Experience working in a multi-faceted and demanding environment, providing external communications advice and support to senior leaders, ideally in the public sector.
- Experience in the housing, construction, urban planning or development areas would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability in developing communications strategies and leading impactful campaigns to enhance organisational reputation.
- Strong risk awareness and risk management skills with ability to ensure communication risks are identified and mitigated.
- Track record of working both proactively and reactively, particularly with the media.
- Strength in relationship building and management, and a naturally collaborative style.
- Aptitude for writing clearly, with the ability to distil strategic and technical concepts into simple, clear language.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.