Clinical Charge Midwife at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Be a part of a collaborative team providing world-class maternity care to Wāhine/Women at Auckland DHB
- Join our largest tertiary Women’s Health Service in Australasia
- Full time and part time Permanent roles available
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are currently recruiting for a Clinical Charge Midwife for our Labour & Birthing Suite.
Our Labour and Birthing Suite is one of the largest maternity units in New Zealand, providing both midwifery-led and specialist obstetric care.
Auckland DHB provides:
- Lots of work perks such as free educational seminars, discounted gym memberships and health services
- A workplace support service to make working here a great experience.
- Excellent investment in staff education and development and a strong research culture across maternity services.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will be proving excellent care to Wāhine/women their pēpē/baby and whānau working alongside obstetric registrars, senior medical officers and private obstetricians and well-educated, experienced, loyal and committed workforce, proving excellent care to Wāhine/women their pēpē/baby and whānau.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dynamic midwife with expert clinical skills to join our team of clinical charge midwives.
He aha ō painga ki tēnei mahi | Why you will enjoy working here
You will gain:
- Knowledge of the NZ Maternity system and significant proven midwifery experience a minimum of 5years intra-partum care within a secondary/ tertiary unit is essential.
- Strong leadership skills and flexibility; this combined with optimum use of resources will ensure the provision of efficient, effective and quality healthcare.
- Excellent communication skills with the capacity to innovate and motivate others, within a changing environment.
You also participate in staff and your own professional development, in some management tasks, whilst providing advice and assistance on clinical and training midwifery issues. Post-graduate education preferred.
If you are a midwife with a passion for woman centred care, want to make a real difference for women, their babies and families and are searching for unique experiences and growth in your midwifery career then we would love to hear from you.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Apply below or visit our website http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/ quoting job reference number AUC14954 and attach a copy of your CV and Cover Letter.
For more information about this role please contact Emmanuelle Pauleau at EPauleau@adhb.govt.nz
If you are having issues with your online application, please contact Maylaine at MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz
Check other Midwifery vacancies from our website.
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Core Children’s worker as defined by the Act.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.