Registrar, Medical at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Registrar – Medical
Taranaki Base Hospital
60-64.9 hours per week
- We are big enough to offer you variety of specialisation and career pathways
- Yet small enough where individuals count and you can make a difference
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector to a population of 116,600 people. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the role
We are seeking to appoint Registrars to our General Medicine department that provides a wide range of subspecialty interests that includes: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Renal, Respiratory and Rheumatology. General Medicine is made up of 6 Consultant teams, 12 Registrars and 10 House Officers.
The run is accredited as a training position for specialist qualification for the FRACP for a maximum of two years.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Providing services principally to the medical wards 2a, 4a and b, ICU, A&E and Outpatients Department under the supervision of the consultant to whom they are attached.
- Under the supervision of their consultant provide consultation on medical care in other services within Taranaki Base Hospital.
- Responsible to their consultant for the day to day clinical management of the team's patients including the admission and clerking of acute admissions, attendance at the consultant ward rounds and routine ward work in conjunction with the house surgeon.
- Responsible to the on-call consultant after hours for all the patients in the Medical Service.
- Conduct outpatient Clinics as required by the consultants and attendance will be required at Outpatient follow-up clinics once or twice a week.
- Supervision of stress ECG testing.
Registrars attend training and education opportunities that include Medical Services clinical meeting and Radiology review session.
Click here to view the run description.
If you are interested in this position, click on “Apply Online” from within this page.
For more information about these positions, contact Abbey Osborne IOC Team Leader via email Abbey.Osborne@tdhb.org.nz
Applications close Sunday 30 July 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.