Registrar, Medical at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
To start August 2022
60 - 64.9 hours per week
- We are big enough to offer you variety of specialisation and career pathways
- Yet small enough where individuals count and you can make a difference
We are seeking to appoint Registrars to our General Medicine department that provides a wide range of subspecialty interests that includes: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Renal, Respiratory and Rheumatology. General Medicine is made up of 6 Consultant teams, 12 Registrars and 10 House Officers.
The run is accredited as a training position for specialist qualification for the FRACP for a maximum of two years.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Providing services principally to the medical wards 2a, 4a and b, ICU, A&E and Outpatients Department under the supervision of the consultant to whom they are attached.
- Under the supervision of their consultant provide consultation on medical care in other services within Taranaki Base Hospital.
- Responsible to their consultant for the day to day clinical management of the team's patients including the admission and clerking of acute admissions, attendance at the consultant ward rounds and routine ward work in conjunction with the house surgeon.
- Responsible to the on-call consultant after hours for all the patients in the Medical Service.
- Conduct outpatient Clinics as required by the consultants and attendance will be required at Outpatient follow-up clinics once or twice a week.
- Supervision of stress ECG testing.
Registrars attend training and education opportunities that include Medical Services clinical meeting and Radiology review session.
Click here to view the run description.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Home » Taranaki, New Zealand
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,500 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
If you are interested in this position, click on “Apply Online” from within this page.
For more information about these positions, contact Cameron Grant-Fargie, Intgerated Operations Centre Manager, Email: Cameron.Grant-Fargie@tdhb.org.nz
Applications close 19 June 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.