Residential Quality Lead at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Residential Quality Lead
- Great opportunity to make a difference in this newly developed role!
- Are you looking for an exciting and unique opportunity?
- 3x Permanent, full-time opportunities based in Auckland, Wellington and Dunedin
Focus on delivering systems which enhance quality best practice, compliance, and continuous improvement.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Our residences are committed to providing care to tamariki and rangatahi in community settings. We believe in a positive future for our tamariki and their whānau and we support them to be safe and flourish. We support tamariki by upholding their mana, honouring their sense of self and their important connections and relationships; and upholding and supporting their right to heal, recover, and reach their potential.
As part of the Leadership team within Residential Services, the role is responsible for assurance and monitoring activities that build a continuous improvement culture based upon a growth mindset. Crucial to the success of this role is ensuring that tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau are at the centre of all that we do.
This position utilises regulations and standards as a baseline for quality. Exploring the adoption of recommendations from reviews, monitoring, grievance, and complaints to identify systemic issues and addressing these through strategic improvement methodology. Embedding improvements through relationships, communication and collaboration.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Experience translating legislative provisions to inform operational and system transformation
- Establish and maintain best practice and lead enhancements in quality and risk management processes
- An aptitude for driving continuous improvement through all systems and processes
- Proven ability to engage and manage stakeholder relationships
- Ability to use clear and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and collaborative approach and the ability to negotiate persuasively
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant compliance management experience
- A clean, current NZ driver's licence
- Proven experience and familiarity with tikanga Māori
- Understanding of how to engage support mechanisms, such as kaiatawhai, whanau, kaumatua, Māori practitioners and other Māori providers
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $99,315.90 and $110,351.00 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com.
Applications close: Wednesday 25th May 2022
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
At this time Oranga Tamariki invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021). We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption. We will require evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Residential Quality Lead - Position Description (1).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.