Practice Supervisor Occupational Therapy - Community Rehabilitation at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, full-time opportunity (1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week)
- Diverse role - Combination of leadership, service development and quality improvements with clinical practice
- Opportunity for professional development and career progression
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
An exciting opportunity to lead a team of enthusiastic and passionate Occupational Therapists within the Community Rehabilitation Team at Auckland DHB has become available!
The Occupational Therapy Practice Supervisor role combines professional and people leadership, service development and quality improvements, with clinical practice. You will have the collegial support of the other Allied Health Practice Supervisors in the Community Rehabilitation Team, and support within the role from your Team Leader and Allied Health Unit Manager.
The Community Rehabilitation Team is an adult rehabilitation service that provides rehabilitation for clients of all ages following an acute event that has significantly changed their level of function and ability to participate in their normal pre-existing roles. The multi-disciplinary team includes occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech language therapists and a clinical psychologist. Together the team provide rehabilitation for clients with a wide range of conditions including new stroke, new diagnosis of neurological condition, new amputation, orthopaedic conditions including fracture, post-neurosurgery, significant deconditioning following a prolonged hospital stay, and others requiring an intensive multidisciplinary approach. The team delivers rehabilitation in a flexible, client centred way in the home, community setting and/or our clinics.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is a NZOT Registered occupational therapist with a current APC and drivers licence
- Has a minimum of 7 years clinical experience
- Is looking for an opportunity to develop or expand their leadership skills
- Preferably has experience in the community setting
- Has experience in working in a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrates an interest in the provision of professional supervision
- Has effective clinical reasoning skills and values evidence based practice
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Our commitment to you is to provide:
- A supportive collegial team
- Professional support and mentoring
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply, please click the 'Apply' tab below to submit your most recent CV and/or Cover Letter.
If you have any role-specific questions, please contact Tony Westwood (Service Lead - Core) on TWestwood@adhb.govt.nz.
For queries or if you need assistance applying online, please contact Naufa Sattar (Recruitment Consultant) on NaufaS@adhb.govt.nz.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.