Project Manager - Information Services Group at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
You can be part of the manaaki hauora (Health Industry)!
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you-re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Information Services Group (ISG) within the Canterbury District Health Board have a wide variety of responsibilities including the provision and maintenance of hardware and software, systems delivery, capability development, and project services for the Canterbury region. What we do helps our clinicians care for our patients.
We-re looking for an experienced Project Manager that can create and deliver projects for a challenging and complex business with many moving parts.
This Project Manager will partner with the Clinical and business kapa (teams) to implement and deploy Information and Communication technology solutions, in order to improve health outcomes for all New Zealanders. This is a great opportunity to do something meaningful and contribute to the Health Industry.
This Project Manager role will form part of the Information Services Group (ISG) within the Canterbury District Health Board, who manage the provision and maintenance of hardware and software, systems delivery, capability development, and project services for the Canterbury region.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Project leadership across the organisation and other District Health Boards and health entities
- Developing and leading kapa (teams) in effective and efficient project delivery
- Managing project resources and financial management
- Risk management and mitigation
- Development of CDHB project management capability
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Your skills will include:
- A relevant project management certification would be advantageous
- Tertiary level qualification in Business, Engineering or a related field would be desirable
- Knowledge and experience in a health environment is advantageous but not essential
- The ability to forge relationship with executives, senior clinicians, technical teams, and busy clinical and business users
- Excellent communication skills
- Engagement skills, with teams, stakeholders and users
- Problem solving skills
- 3+ years of project management experience across a wide range of projects
Mō mātou | About Us
-Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do-
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by
ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our
conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the
health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value-------s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at CDHB
When you work at the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At the DHB, you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at CDHB, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other
roles and find your ideal fit within the Canterbury District Health Board.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.