Cluster Medical Secretary at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
You can be part of the manaaki hauora (Health Industry)!
Join our amazing Administration Team and provide a quality Medical Secretary function within the cluster of Neurology, Neurosurgery, Vascular and Cardiothoracic services.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Administration team is responsible for ensuring that the administration requirements for the service are handled in a professional and efficient manner. The departments within the cluster are a medical or a surgical service with sub-specialty areas that provide acute and elective services across the South Island and across New Zealand.
This role entails prioritising multiple work tasks and taking initiative to ensure that effective and efficient support is provided within the cluster of Neurology, Neurosurgery, Vascular and Cardiothoracic services. You will be required to work in a multi-disciplinary team to provide a customer focused approach to the patients.
There are 2 roles available, which are permanent full time/part time roles, requiring you to work between Monday and Friday. Hours and days of work can be negotiated with the right candidate.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Managing inpatient and outpatient bookings
- Referral processing
- Providing administrative and secretarial duties
- Clinical typing of letters - Transcriptions
- Other department typing requirements
- Providing administrative support to other departments within the cluster
- Answering department telephone
- Liaising with patients, clinical and non-clinical staff
- Processing patient information and records
- Processing ACC and police reports
- Other ad hoc admin duties
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Your skills will include:
- Experience using a Patient Management System (desirable)
- Intermediate Microsoft Suite Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to relate to patients and their whānau
- Attention to detail
- Work autonomously
- Organisational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Typing Skills (50 - 70WPM)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able to pick up and use new systems and technology
It would be highly desirable if you have experience working in the health industry. Knowledge of medical terminology and experience using a Patient Management System would be an advantage.
Mō mātou | About Us
-Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do-
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury the West Coast community.
The culture at Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Values):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at CDHB
When you work at the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
At the DHB, you are part of something greater then yourself and encouraged to your uniquely self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at CDHB, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Canterbury District Health Board.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.