Senior Occupational Therapist - Community Rehabilitation at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, fixed-term opportunity (parental leave cover - 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week)
- Opportunity for professional development and career progression
- Work within a supportive team and make a difference within the community
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have a great permanent, fixed-term opportunity (parental leave cover) for an Occupational Therapist with an interest in rehabilitation to join the Auckland DHB Community Rehabilitation team.
As a member of our team you work with adults of all ages to enable them to achieve their rehabilitation goals. You will gain clinical experience with a wide variety of neurological conditions, including stroke and post-neurological surgery, as well as amputees and orthopaedic conditions.
We are a supportive team of professionals providing high quality rehabilitation input for the Auckland community. We have a strong IDT focus and value collaborative team working. We deliver rehabilitation in a flexible, client centred way in the community, clients home, our clinic and in group settings.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has a passion for provision of quality rehabilitation (neurological rehabilitation experience would be an advantage)
- Experience working in the community, or with outpatients (desired, but not essential)
- Strives to build knowledge and skills
- Role models excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Is open to new challenges and experiences
- Has effective clinical reasoning skills and values evidence based practice
You must be a NZ registered Occupational Therapist, with a current APC and a clean drivers licence.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Our commitment to you is to provide:
- A supportive collegial team
- Professional support and mentoring
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply, please click the 'Apply' tab below to submit your most recent CV and/or Cover Letter.
If you have any role-specific questions, please contact Tony Westwood (Service Lead - Core) on TWestwood@adhb.govt.nz.
For queries or if you need assistance applying online, please contact Naufa Sattar (Recruitment Consultant) on NaufaS@adhb.govt.nz.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.