Social Worker / Kaimahi Toko I te Ora (ICAFS) at Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington), Hutt Valley
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital/Kenepuru Hospital
Service: Infant, Child, Adolescent, and Family Service (ICAFS)
Contract: 3 month fixed term, full time
Salary: As per MECA, dependant on experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Infant, Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service (ICAFS) in the Hutt Valley.
We are looking for an enthusiastic registered Social Worker with experience working in child and adolescent mental health.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
ICAFS uses CAPA (Choice and Partnership Approach) and we provide specialist assessment and treatment for 0 - 18 year olds and their families/ whānau. The role will entail providing assessment and interventions for individuals, whānau and groups to enable positive outcomes for children and young people presenting with moderate to severe mental health needs. ICAFS provides Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), sensory modulation, and Family Therapy (with a screening team) and we are especially interested in clinicians with these skills. A relocation package may be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Moū - About you
The successful applicant will be expected to work collaboratively and supportively with other team members to ensure provision of appropriate and evidence based care. The person suitable for this role will also have excellent clinical and case management skills and be comfortable managing risk. The ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships within the team, service, the DHB, the wider mental health services, and community agencies is integral to this role.
- Provide mental health assessment and treatment for children and adolescents in the context of their families.
- Liaise with necessary community agencies, with parental and/ or client permission.
- Contribute to and work within the MDT.
- Complete all appropriate documentation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Clinical experience working with children, adolescents and family with moderate severe mental health difficulties.
- Knowledge and skills for completing assessment and treatment of mental health difficulties.
- Knowledge and understanding of the intent of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and working to address the inequitable health outcomes for Māori, as Tangata whenua and other high needs groups.
- Being confident working with Māori, Pasifika and other high needs groups within the wider CCDHB and HVDHB communities.
- Registered with appropriate professional body.
- Current Driver-s license.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email Philip.Adamson@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH166-22) in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes the booster dose within six months of receiving the second dose of initial vaccination (for some people the initial vaccination will have comprised of three doses). We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.