ACCOUNT MANAGER (TĀKINA EVENTS) at Te Papa, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
With the opening of the nation's new meeting place Tākina, we have an incredible opportunity for a motivated and experienced Account Manager selling events in Tākina and Te Papa. Joining a highly respected and successful business in an exciting growth phase, you will have the opportunity to be part of the team opening Wellington's new flagship convention centre.
Are you a person who enjoys building relationships, proactively identifying customer needs and expectations, providing customised solutions to meet those needs and closing the sale to maximise customer satisfaction and venue utilisation? Reporting to the Sales Manager, you support achievement of revenue targets through maximising sales opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with a portfolio of clients, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders to position Tākina Events as their preferred venues supplier
- Implement sales activity plans to achieve budgeted revenue targets
- Promptly and proactively respond to and maximize conversion of new leads, inquiries and business opportunities
Our ideal candidate will have;
- Demonstrated client relationship building experience, preferably in a hospitality sales role
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and understanding of the sales process
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and the ability to close the sale
- The ability to prioritise and manage several different tasks at once
The work across our operation is busy, fast paced and in a fantastic, friendly team environment, so come join us!
The starting salary for this position will be between $65,500 - $72,496, pro-rated, with further room for progression through the band. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Appointment to a position at Te Papa will require the production of evidence, on commencement of work, of a “MY Vaccine Pass' issued by the Ministry of Health
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
Applications close on Wednesday 25th May 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Hospitality & Tourism|
|Attachment:||Updated_PD_AccountManager_Apr22.pdf (PDF, 247KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.