Charge Nurse Manager - Gynaecology Inpatient and Acute Care at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time position
- Nursing leadership opportunity
Mō mātou | About Us
-Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do-
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and West Coast communities.
The culture at Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value-------s)
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Mō te tūnga | About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Nursing leader to join our Gynaecology Service and lead the nursing team in our Gynaecology Ward and Acute Assessment Unit. We are looking for a collaborative senior nurse with strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking, the ability to problem solve and respond in this fast-paced environment.
Ko wai koe | About You
- As a Senior Nurse you will have acute gynae experience or acute medical/ surgical experience and proven leadership skills supporting daily operational activity and patient flow
- Your expert communication, interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage people at all levels will see you work effectively and efficiently with a diverse group of teams to lead your team to provide advanced clinical care and nursing expertise to the patients and their families/whānau.
- By utilising your advanced knowledge and clinical skills in collaboration with nursing and medical staff, the multidisciplinary team and other external agencies you will contribute to the development and maintenance of high quality evidenced based patient care whilst also contributing to and developing, appropriate nursing standards and quality initiatives.
- You can problem solve and manage complex situations as they arise, redistributing nursing resources to ensure the optimal patient experience while supporting clinical delivery. Your sound interpersonal skills and impeccable management of complex situations enable you to work alongside a variety of clinicians to ensure care is delivered as required.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of competency in nursing and can work alongside individuals to support professional development.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
- Experience in relevant management and/or leadership roles with the ability to influence decision making and change.
- Interpersonal skills and building relationships.
- Strategic thinking and promoting interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Familiar with operational and financial management.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software.
- NZ Registered Nurse with a current Annual Practising Certificate and hold a relevant Post Graduate qualification.
Ngāhua | Benefits of working at CDHB
We are an organisation that supports professional growth, providing a comprehensive range of learning and development opportunities, along with a supportive senior nursing leadership team to enable this for our nursing workforce. You can be part of a team that is passionate about making a real difference to the outcomes for the patients and their whanau/families that we care for.
For your days off we also have some great discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
At the DHB, you are part of something greater then yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
Contact Steph Keene, Recruitment Specialist on email@example.com for additional information.
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.