Team Leader Core Systems Team at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Canterbury District Health Board Information Services Group is continuing to transform and build capability across our services. Our kapa (team) provides a wide and complex set of ICT solutions, supporting our Business and Clinical kapa (teams) based in Canterbury and the West Coast as well as for other District Health Boards nationwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, rangatira tangata (people-centric Team Leader) to provide a service across all Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions while maintaining and delivering the ISG work plan. This Team Leader role will entail being a valued partner of the business to support us in achieving our goals.
This is a permanent, full-time role based on Walker Street in central Christchurch.
This role will be responsible for:
- Leading the infrastructure kapa (team)
- Mentoring, leading and guiding the infrastructure kapa (team)
- Being part of the technical leadership kapa (team), where you will lead technical changes and raise any challenges
- Ensure a high quality, consistent and effective service
- Managing resources for effective work prioritisation
- Providing a customer-centric service
- Provisioning third line support service for incidents not resolved within second line service levels, including management of the request queues
- Maintaining and reviewing system performance and operating systems
- Implementing service improvement plans
- Developing and maintaining administration procedures, articles and other documentation
- Managing the operational budget, forecasting and reporting
- Reporting, monitoring and reviewing the quality of service
Ko wai koe | About You
We are looking for a leader that can drive the
team forward while navigating change from traditional infrastructure management
to a DevOps paradigm. To be successful in this role, you should be able to lead
a kapa (team) to provide a high level of tautoko (support) and service.
This role will require you to be adaptable, resilient and solution-driven.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This role requires the following:
- Experience in leadership or management role, including mentoring and supporting a team
- Experience in the IT industry
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Experience working in a large organisation, as well as a project environment, would be beneficial
- A Post-graduate University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is preferable
- Knowledge and uphold the principles of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Communication and
- Understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy, DNS and DHCP management
- Experience in Citrix (XenApp) and VMWare Server virtualisation technologies
- Experience in Microsoft range including VMware, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Exchange Server and Windows 7/10
- Knowledge of System Centre Configuration Manager - SCCM
- Knowledge of endpoint protection
- Knowledge of Enterprise Device Management
- VB or PowerShell Scripting, administration of Microsoft IIS or other similar technologies and systems design & implementation
- An understanding of a broad range of Enterprise Technologies, including Storage, Backup and database servers, Unix / Red Hat environment, DevOps; Server administration, MS SharePoint, project management disciplines and Service Management (ITIL)
Mō mātou | About Us
-Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do-
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by
ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our
conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the
health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value-------s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at CDHB
When you work at the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At the DHB, you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at CDHB, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other
roles and find your ideal fit within the Canterbury District Health Board.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.