Service Desk Analyst at Inland Revenue Department, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Monday - Friday, no evenings or weekends!
- Permanent role
- Development is prioritised!
Inland Revenue plays a critical role in improving the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealanders. We do this by collecting and distributing money, we collect 80% of the Crown's revenue and distribute social support payments.
We're offering great flexibility, support and development opportunities unique to you and your aspirations so that you can bring your whole self to work and thrive with us.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are part of the Enterprise Service Management function supporting the internal IR customers. In this fast-paced role you will be acting as the routine contact point. You will respond to phone calls, analyse service requests, Self Service issues, Incidents from customers - both internal and our external partners & guiding them through first level technical and non-technical support. You will work with a team of close knit, like-minded people, who rally each other through the rushes and support each other with more in-depth queries.
In this varied role you will also:
- Detect and correct issues, preventing devices from breaking down or interrupting business process
- Action tickets within agreed Service Level Agreements
- Manage the phishing, vishing (phone call) & scam mailboxes
- Engage with all levels of the business, adapting your communication style and delivery method to suit users' abilities
- Assist with relationship management between technology users and the IT support groups and external service providers
- Ensure the delivery of processes and functions of the Service Desk meet agreed standards
- Identify Problems and liaise with Problem Management
- Portfolio management - working closely as the Service Desk contact for Technical and Business teams
The hours of work will be 7 hours 35 minutes per day Monday to Friday, to be worked between 8am and 5pm. We usually work in the office 3 days per week with 2 days working from home if desired. The first 4 weeks of training will be completed in person.
We prioritise your development! Previous employees have grown internally into cyber security and business analyst roles.
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this position you will possess some of the following attributes:
- 12 months Service Desk experience is preferred, or the ability to learn quickly
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills - you'll be able to relay information in a way our customers can easily understand
- Highly organised, able to multitask and work under pressure
- Experience working with technologies such as Office 365, Windows 10, Azure Active Directory, Intune, Cloud Solutions, Storage and Networking technologies
- Knowledge of a ticket management system, ideally Service Now and a good understanding of Incident, Issue, Problem and Service request management
- The ability to create cohesive and valuable support documentation
- Excellent triage and problem-solving ability, resolving complex issues
- A desire to continually improve process and champion self-service
- Understands importance of Knowledge Management - ServiceNow Knowledge Management (KM) enables the sharing of information in knowledge bases. These knowledge bases contain articles that provide users and the Service Desk with information such as self-help, troubleshooting, and resolution.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library qualification favourable (but not essential)
If you are an adaptable team player with a "can do" approach we would love to hear from you!
Tono mai | Apply here
Please apply online, attach a copy of your CV and Cover Letter outlining how you meet the role requirements as outlined.
For specific queries (including a copy of the role description), please email IRDcareers@ird.govt.nz and one of our team members will be in touch with you.
Applications close on 27th May 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Inland Revenue Department|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.