Consultant Physician - Diabetologist at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Diabetes Integrated Team
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Permanent, part time
0.7 FTE / 56 hours per fortnight
- Do you have a special interest in Diabetes care?
- Would like to work with a passionate and innovative team?
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the Role
The Diabetes Integrated Team (DIT) is delivered by a collaboration of providers in the Taranaki region who are committed to improving health outcomes and health equity for people living with diabetes (PWD) and their support people/whānau.
The collective is embarking on a new integrated service delivery model that has been co-designed by a wide range of stakeholders including PWD across the Taranaki region with one common goal that is to improve the experience and outcomes of those living with diabetes.
This is a newly created role working with a recently established and significantly resourced integrated care team that has two main functions:
- Providing clinical expertise to directly manage complex patients with diabetes. This includes the aim of transferring stable patients back to their Primary Care provider and working collaboratively with primary care to care for them as a team
- Providing Support, education and training for both health professionals and patients, guided by the needs of Primary Care and Māori providers, to ensure patients with diabetes receive high quality and consistent clinical care and health information.
This role will require a strong focus on community care delivery which aims to manage patients closer to their home.
You will be expected to have:
- FRACP or equivalent qualification
- Relevant experience in the Diabetes sub-specialty
Click here to view the position description.
If you want to make an application click on "Apply Online" from within this page.
For further information, please contact Claudia Matthews, Service Lead - Medical,on Email: Claudia.Matthews@tdhb.org.nz
Closing date for applications is 31st July 2022 however we may appoint prior to this date and close the vacancy.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.