Mental Health Support Worker / Kaimahi Tautoko Hauora Hinengaro (Intellectual Disability) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Kenepuru Hospital
Service: Intellectual Disability, MHAIDS
Contract: Permanent, Full Time (Roster & Rotating)
Salary: $48,368 - $60,610 depending on experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The purpose of the MHSW role is to provide active support for clients who reside in the Intellectual Disability Secure Service. This includes walking alongside clients as they engage in therapeutic, vocational and quality-of-life-inducing activities within the service and the community. The role includes carrying out activities as delegated by the registered nurse in a manner that is safe, ethical and culturally responsive.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The Intellectual Disability Secure Service provides secure (inpatient) care and rehabilitation services for male and female adults and adolescents who have a diagnosed intellectual disability and have committed often serious offences. Our clients are usually Care Recipients or Special Care Recipients under the Intellectual Disability (Compulsory Care and Rehabilitation) Act, 2003 who have been convicted or found unfit to stand trial.
To ensure that our clients receive the best possible care and rehabilitation we have developed a Model of Care that draws on the strengths of our clients and each discipline within the multidisciplinary team. This framework incorporates the Good Lives Model of offender rehabilitation, a comprehensive risk assessment structure, a Positive Behaviour Support approach to direct care, and a formal staff supervision and education programme.
The Intellectual Disability service is part of the broader 3DHB Mental Health, Addictions and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS), which spans the Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital & Coast Districts and includes local, regional, and national services.
Moū - About you
The service is staffed by a team of clinicians from medical, nursing, allied health and support work backgrounds. We also have management and administrative staff.
You will have the following:
- At least National Certificate level 3 or higher in Mental Health Support work/ Health and wellbeing or equivalent qualification and/or willingness to work towards this qualification for the right candidate
- An interest in working with intellectual disability service users under the Model of Care, which incorporates a Positive Behaviour Support framework.
- Ability to work under guidance and according to treatment plans and guidelines developed by the client - s multidisciplinary care team
- Ability to work in a cohesive manner and make an effective unit/team contribution.
- Ability to work alongside service users by way of active support with their daily activities
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral forms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sensitive to the needs of the service user, staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Understanding of the needs of other cultures.
- Strong service user focus.
- Knowledge of intellectual disability/ and or mental health is an advantage
- Full and clean Drivers licence
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH180-22) in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.