Principal Advisor Investment Planning at New Zealand Transport Agency, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Take on a new challenge and help shape an emerging transport function
- Bring your skills to help shape diversity of thinking and to lead and mentor team members
- 2 years fixed term
- Location: Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of this role is to provide your strategic planning expertise to translate Government Direction, Waka Kotahi strategy, and regional transport plans into deliverable investment programmes. You will provide guidance on how to achieve the best returns for New Zealand while ensuring the long-term performance of the transport system.
The Principal Advisor will mentor and guide other team members to lead and support the development and management of key investment plans. The role will require working across Waka Kotahi and with external stakeholders to influence investment outcomes.
Policy and System Planning sits within Transport Services - shaping the future of the land transport system and set the direction to achieve Government objectives.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- An understanding of the New Zealand transport system and its policy, investment, planning and regulatory framework
- An understanding of the planning and funding framework of local and central government and the related investment decision-making processes
- Critical thinking abilities to generate insights from a variety of policy and data sources
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical performance data into insights and findings to be consumed by non-technical audiences
- Flexibility, adaptability with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to lead work as required and mentor the team.
- Experience with working at senior levels across other Waka Kotahi teams and other government agencies.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Investment Planning team plays a critical role interpreting Government Policy and long-term planning into medium term investment plans and providing direction to the three year portfolio teams. In this space we are working closely with Ministry of Transport, Waka Kotahi planning and policy teams, finance and funding teams and state highway asset managers.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
View the Position Description
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Tuesday, 31 May 2022
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.