Site Reliability Engineer at New Zealand Transport Agency, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Opportunity to delivery across Waka Kotahi's complex technology ecosystem
- Do you have the passion to automate?
- Auckland or Wellington or Palmerston North based
Are you passionate about Technology and how you can make a difference to an organisation?
Te Aukaha | Digital strengthens Waka Kotahi through supporting our people and delivering future-focussed solutions. We enable digital change and provide quality data, information and security services.
Along with our other Benefits of working at Waka Kotahi we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
You will work alongside others to define the best practices of your craft, whilst working with teams to improve the reliability and observability of our systems, and also improving development and delivery pipelines across the complex technology estate within Waka Kotahi.
You will be working alongside Business Analysts, Product Owners/Managers, Technology Leadership team, Business/Initiative Owners, QAs and Vendors & Suppliers. You should be able to select best solutions in cloud environments based on best practices.
We are looking for someone who has excellent analytical ability and is a logical problem solver with clear communication skills.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Solid ability to understand of how solutions are architected and integrated internally and with external third-party software.
- Good understanding of Cl/CD.
- Solid experience in running large systems and Infrastructure
- Experience creating pipelines in a Cl/CD tool ( Jenkins, CircleCI etc)
- Prior experience in Automation tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Salt puppet)
- Solid experience in working with Azure cloud and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with Site Reliability Engineering concepts
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
To view the Position Description click here
Rā Katinga | Applications close: 31 May 2022.
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.