Senior Network Manager at New Zealand Transport Agency, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Lead the stewardship of the State Highway network
- Be part of building a future focused transport system
- Influence the standard of roading in New Zealand
- Lead the Asset management delivery focus
- Locations: Christchurch or Timaru
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As Senior Network Manager you will help lead the stewardship of the State Highway network for the South Canterbury Network Outcomes Contract (NOC) area and maintain relationships with key stakeholders on behalf of Waka Kotahi. You will ensure the maintenance of all the assets and facilities across the highway system are managed effectively and that the access and use of the highway network is maintained.
As a member of the Network Management team you will work closely with Maintenance Contract Managers and be responsible for the delivery of our regional maintenance and operations programme for Central South Island.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
You will draw on your broad set of skills and experience, be responsive to our customers' needs whilst also taking a practical and pragmatic approach to manage suppliers. Sound organisational, asset management and negotiation skills accompanied with good decision making will be integral to your success.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills
- Technical and practical experience in Road Asset Management
- Experience at dealing with complex and sensitive issues in a political environment
- Experience working across central and local government
- Solid knowledge and understanding of delivering best value solutions within a constrained budget
- Experience in emergency response, Lifelines, resilience activities
- Strong customer and stakeholder management skills
- A Bachelor of Engineering or a relevant tertiary/trade qualification
- NZ Driver's Licence (or equivalent) is required
In return we can offer a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The Transport Services Group plan, design, build, operate and maintain an integrated transport system which reflects our plans and priorities and to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
View the Position Description
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Sunday, 12 June 2022
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.