Business Process Improvement Lead at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
As a Business Process Improvement Lead within the Practice and Governance team, you will work collaboratively across the wider team to design an improvement framework, that enable our project delivery teams to deliver value sooner. You will ensure standardised tools and templates are fit for purpose and enable our services to be delivered in a consistent way. Providing visibility of project performance through effective and efficient reporting and providing governance across the allocation of people and projects. You will bring your passion for process improvement through the delivery of Lean training to operational teams within ACC and mentor through to the delivery of incrementation change initiatives.
Key deliverables in this role will include:
- Deliver Lean training across frontline teams within ACC
- Mentor others in Lean Six Sigma and support teams in the delivery of small incremental process change
- Create visibility of value BPI provide through project delivery
- Data analysis to glean insights or where BPI can improve the way we operate
- Standardisation of how services are delivered by BPI and the tools we use
- Support the Practice and Governance Manager in reducing the time to deliver value
- Governance activity across change projects and people allocation
You will be part of a tight team who have varied skills that complement each other. Each team member is expected to take a concept and make it happen, while working collaboratively when the team need help or to provide an update. Collaboration and influencing skills are important, as the team provide services to the wider BPI team.
- Very experienced Lean Practitioner, ideally Black Belt or Green Belt with extensive experience delivering continuous improvement initiatives utilising Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Experienced Lean Six Sigma Coach, Mentor and Trainer
- Experience with performance reporting
- Experience in delivering training (ideally Lean six sigma)
- Understanding of Scaled Agile framework
- Data analysis or statistics background with the ability to write effectively and present information in a way that is easily consumed
- Power BI would be beneficial
We are looking for an infectious passion about improving the efficiency of processes and delivering value utilising Lean. The work is varied, and you will be required to pivot depending on changing priorities. Being able to work with some ambiguity and flexibility will be key.
Working at ACC:
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
Applications will close on June 14th. For a detailed position description click here. Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.