Clinical Product Coordinator at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Working in partnership with clinical services to identify and act on:
- Clinical product recalls, and relevant substitute products
- initiatives for cost reduction, streamlining, and aggregation of products
Ko wai koe | About You
Working within our clinical product coordination team, this role is closely linked to the procurement team, with objectives to reduce cost, improve clinical outcomes, and seek new opportunity. The role would ideally suit:
- Someone who has worked within nursing (or various medical positions) or as a product sales representative/consultant for a large medical products company with a broad nursing and/or medical product sales background
- Someone who has worked in medical procurement
- An experienced analyst who has worked for health and has a good working knowledge of medical products
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This role entails the management of clinical products and consumables across Canterbury and West Coast DHB as well as product recalls. The ideal outcome will be cost reduction and improved clinical outcomes through product substitution or rationalisation. You will be required to work within the Central Supply Chain Team to ensure efficient procurement of goods and services, and compliance to the procurement rules and various contracts. Working in partnership with clinical services to identify and act on initiatives for cost reduction in consumable selection. Involving key stakeholders in decision making processes with a clinically led approach.
This role is a permanent, full time (40 hours per week) role, which requires you to work between 9am and 5pm (flexible between 07:30 ' 18:00) Monday to Friday with no weekend work.
- Working directly with Clinicians and Service Managers to identify opportunities and areas of high consumable spend. Once identified, you will develop solutions to address findings which will result in cost reduction, and quality improvements.
- Providing expert clinical insight to proposals and projects using a solution focused approach
- Establishing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Working as part of the Central Supply team to understand current purchasing patterns and opportunities for standardisation and rationalisation of consumables including opportunities from national contracts
- Manage clinical product recalls and substitute products
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Clinical experience in either Nursing (or other medical background) or Medical product sales is essential
- Self-starter with excellent project and time management skills
- Ability to lead change through influencing behaviour and acting as a change agent
- Communication skills which enable navigation of conversations with senior clinicians
- Displays leadership character and drives service delivery within the role and for the team
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented and innovative with good situational awareness and emotional intelligence
- Proven ability to work independently as a member of a team
- Have a strong understanding of the relationship between cost and benefit and a general understanding of the principals of Health Economics
- Excellent computer skills, solid knowledge of office systems, especially the Microsoft Office suite of applications, and a willingness to learn other software applications
- Achieving Goals - Demonstrate drive, optimism, and focus; to make things happen and achieve outcomes
- Managing Work Priorities - Plan, prioritise, and organise work; to deliver on short, medium and long-term objectives across the breadth of the role
Mō mātou | About Us
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by
ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our
conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the
health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value''''s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at CDHB
When you work at the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At the DHB, you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at CDHB, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other
roles and find your ideal fit within the Canterbury District Health Board.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.