Occupational Therapist - Inpatients, Nelson Hosp. at Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim), Nelson Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent up to full-time (80 hours a fortnight)
- Flexibility to work across seven days
- Join an experienced multi-disciplinary team supporting complex clients across Nelson Hospital inpatient areas
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
We are a proactive team of occupational therapists providing the highest standard of care for our patients. We pride ourselves on being friendly and supportive, and work in a busy inter-disciplinary environment focusing on promoting, encouraging and enabling the health, well-being and independence of the people in our community.
This position is within the Nelson Hospital working with complex clients, supporting assessment, intervention and discharge planning.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
You will have at least two years post-qualification experience, NZ registration in Occupational Therapy, a current practising certificate and a range of generalist and specialist skills.
Additionally you will bring the following:
- Comprehensive clinical assessment and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, to develop positive interpersonal relationships, and work flexibly within the inter-disciplinary team, with a team player attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Strong prioritisation skills and experience with complex discharge planning.
- Full clean drivers licence.
You will also be adaptable to change, resourceful and flexible to service needs, and will have a genuine passion for working with patients in the community on their health journey.
If this sounds like you, we welcome your application.
For the health and safety of both staff and patients, and in line with the Health Order, all NMH staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including boosters.
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or 03 546 1274. For role specific information please contact Hilary Exton - Director Allied Health on Hilary.Exton@nmdhb.govt.nz
Keen to apply now, it-s easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Applications close: 3rd July (unless filled prior). Applications will be reviewed as received, so we encourage you to apply early.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.