System Engineer - Transport at New Zealand Transport Agency, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Provide systems integration
- Great mix of communication and collaboration skills-
- Wellington or Auckland or Christchurch or Palmerston North based role
We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated individual, with sound technical knowledge for an Operations and Delivery role.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of this role is to ensure the effective delivery and management of IT hardware and cloud-based solutions across the Transport Agency.
You will have knowledge of video management systems, variable messaging systems, customer display systems such as EJT (estimated journey time systems), life safety systems, (HVAC, PMCS, Plant Monitoring Control Systems. You will be responsible for day to day technology environment management, monitoring of technology hardware operations including incident response through to restoration of services - this includes both traditional on-premises hardware and tunnel plant based technology. You will ensure service integrity, health and safety and quality of technology operations and support meets agreed business outcomes.
We are looking for an effective communicator with excellent collaboration and relationship management skills. You will have the ability to collaborate with partner Agency technology teams and lead in best practice and innovative solutions.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- 3-5 years significant experience in maintaining, supporting and operating technology infrastructure for tunnels, transport operation centers and roadside technologies
- Experience in administration and maintenance of video management systems, life safety systems, HVAC and variable messaging systems.
- Experience in planned, preventative and reactive maintenance activities
- Fundamental networking experience desirable
- Experience in technology infrastructure operations teams
- Experience in a complex technology operational environment with significant expertise in sustainable technology operations
- Knowledge and experience in the use of multiple modern operations methodologies Knowledge and experience of technology methodology and frameworks
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Te Aukaha | Digital strengthens Waka Kotahi through supporting our people and delivering future-focussed solutions. We enable digital change and provide quality data, information and security services.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
View the Position Description
As part of the review process we will be asking shortlisted candidates to complete a short Sparkhire video interview.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: 20 June 2022.
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.