Dosimetry Supervisor Radiation Therapist at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time opportunity working 40hr per week, based at Christchurch Hospital Campus.
- Utilise your extensive planning skills from your toolkit to help develop, support and lead within our expanding service.
- Join our quality service where patients and our team at the centre of all that we do. Take the next step in your career and develop your leadership skills with a great supportive team beside you.
- Current registration as a Radiation Therapist with the Medical Radiation Technologists Board of New Zealand is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health
Board, you-re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health
services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary
goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We are a forward-thinking busy
department seeking an experienced Radiation Therapist with dosimetry
experience to join us in this exciting opportunity based at Christchurch
The department currently provides a full range of radiation therapy services including VMAT, DCAT, SABR(lung), SRT Brain Metastases, deep inspiration breath hold and the full spectrum of IGRT modalities. Development and expansion into other sites using IMRT/SBRT techniques is ongoing. We are the sole provider in the South Island for gynaecological brachytherapy treatment and oncological paediatric services.
We have a strong departmental culture with a focus on providing excellence in patient care. We are proud of our quality achievements and have a Research and Development Steering Group who oversee our in-house research and ongoing development across the multi-disciplinary team. Radiation Therapists play an active part in making effective change and are encouraged to put their ideas into action. The department offers a great work-life balance with a dedicated well-being group to remind us of ways to keep ourselves focussed on all aspects of hauora.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Exemplary patient care providing excellence and setting the quality standards required by the multi-disciplinary team;
- Leading a team of specialist planners, rotating staff and students;
- Liaising with Physics staff and Radiation Oncologists on patient workload;
- Effectively communicating the expectations for the day to your team and then providing a supportive environment in which to achieve positive outcomes for your team and patients;
- Participate in staff interims and provided regular feedback on performance encouraging involvement in development of self and service;
- Encouraging and engaging others to contribute to organisational change.
Your skills will include:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to perform at a high level, leading by example;
- The ability to motivate others in addition to displaying ownership of own tasks and responsibilities;
- Previous experience in leading a team with the ability to effectively organise and maintain efficiency of the rostered staff in the area, whilst supporting the various development needs;
- A minimum of five years post-qualification clinical experience with a broad overview of all areas within the Radiation Therapy Department;
- Demonstrated experience in advanced planning techniques and development
- Current registration as a Radiation Therapist with the Medical Radiation Technologists Board of New Zealand is essential;
- Experience in staff training and the implementation of new technology is highly desirable.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we
Health is ultimately all about people. What-s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District
Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible
working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest
but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a
look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.