Maori Workforce Recruitment Consultant at Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Waitematā DHB
- New position to make a real difference
- Great career opportunity
- Based in Takapuna
- Supportive, fun team
What is the role about?
The Waitematā DHB is an organisation committed to improving Māori health equity and to achieve this, we have a Māori workforce development strategy and are committed to building a workforce that reflects the population we serve.
Recruitment is the gateway into our workforce and this new role in the Recruitment Team is to be a kaitiaki and enabler for Māori applicants wanting to come and join our DHB.
Who are we looking for?
You will ideally have some experience recruiting staff so you can understand recruitment processes, learn our computer systems and build rapport with Hiring Managers quickly. You will need to have the skills, networks and motivation to weave together the aspirations of Māori whānau, communities and stakeholders with the employment opportunities available at Waitematā DHB. As Kaitiaki of our Māori applicants, you will be a champion for identifying barriers and enablers to their success and advocating for systems improvements. Mātauranga Māori will also be a core skill of the successful applicant.
- Become a visible, knowledgeable point of contact for communities and whanau who want to work in the health sector
- Become a champion for Māori applicants and their experiences of recruitment at Waitematā DHB.
- Be proactively supported to apply a Mātauranga Māori and a Kaupapa lens to current recruitment practices and processes.
- Be valued for your skill set, experiences and networks related to Māori health equity e.g. cultural fluency and language proficiency
- Belong to an organisation, team and network that is serious about improving Māori health equity.
- Bring your personality to mix and mingle with your supportive and fun Recruitment Team Colleagues.
- Free 24/7 gym and work perks programme
- Learn, practice and grow professionally and culturally in a safe and supportive environment
- Get five weeks annual leave per year
- Access free Te Reo Maori Language qualification and a range of professional development programmes
- Work with other Maori staff across the organisation and receive manaakitanga and tautoko from from GM Maori Health, and the operational team.
The role is based at Taharoto Road, Takapuna, although this is a regional role.
To view a position description please click here
To express interest please apply on-line at www.wdhbcareers.com
For further information please e-mail Ben Bradley – Senior Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com
Job code: WDHB13172
Closing Date: 21st July 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.