Resource Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Tamariki and Rangatahi Support Workers (Resource Workers)
Casual - All Tāmaki Makaurau areas - $22.75 per hour
(As and when required for short or block assignments)
Are you driven to make a difference for tamaiti tāne and their whānau? At Oranga Tamariki we are dedicated to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of everything we do and say. Our Tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. We are on a journey to ensure it happens.
We are seeking several Casual Tamariki and Rangatahi Support Workers (Resource Workers) for all Auckland regions to provide support services. You will play an important part in a very rewarding role.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
Ideal candidates for this role are driven to making a difference for our tamariki and rangatahi. This role can see you facing some difficult situations so it's important for us to have the right kaimahi with a calm demeanour and patience when faced with potentially challenging behaviour.
The mahi you do will vary depending on the needs at the time, but could include the following:
- Transport tamariki and rangatahi to and from school, appointments, activities, and respite
- Minding tamariki and rangatahi when they are not with their whānau
- Monitoring of tamaiti tāne who are deemed at risk
- Weekend work will be required, and travel may occasionally require you to stay overnight but this is optional.
- Support, mentor and walk alongside our tamaiti tāne during their journey with us
- You may assist Social Workers if the need arises
- Supervising their visits at a variety of venues with parents, whānau and/or siblings, and writing observational reports
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- Flexibility to work varying hours during the week and weekends, and to changing priorities
- People skills, patience, and an ability to see past what someone might be struggling with and an empathy for tamaiti tāne
- Experience with tamariki that may have complex needs
- Demonstrate discretion, tolerance and understanding to earn the trust of tamariki, rangatahi and kaimahi
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience, be able to prepare an accurate report or incident record
- Act as a positive role model, generating confidence and commitment of others through his/her own ethical conduct
- The ability to work in New Zealand, hold a full clean current driver's licence
- An understanding and appreciation of cultural issues and concerns Tikanga Maori & Pacific Island cultures
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
We offer flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer training and professional development so that you can develop and grow. We welcome diversity and we work in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of Tamariki and Rangatahi.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
If you want to help improve the lives of vulnerable tamariki and rangatahi please apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. At Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. We have strict health & safety measures to keep our people safe and as part of this role you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 .
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications for this role will close on Monday 4th July 2022
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
At this time Oranga Tamariki invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021).We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption.We will require evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Resource Worker PD 160518.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.