Technical Business Analyst at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children
Role: Technical Business Analyst
Reports to: Service Portfolio Manager
Job type: Permanent
Are you an experienced business analyst with technical experience aspiring to work with the latest and emerging technologies while securing that added job satisfaction of working in the public sector? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you...
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the team | Mo te roopu:
Technology and Channels is responsible for the Ministry's technology strategy, systems and services. We have implemented a new technology operating model so that we can deliver our responsibilities more efficiently, through a business-aligned structure by leveraging new Cloud‑based platforms. Our operating model is founded on three main principles:
- User-centricity is paramount, with a focus on the front-line and the wider sector.
- We are Cloud-only and asset-light, choosing to buy as-a-service offerings from third party suppliers, rather than own technology assets.
- Our systems and processes are agile and enabling, to deliver changes faster, reduce complexity and simplify system interactions.
Within the Technology and Channels team structure, we have five dedicated teams called Service Portfolios. Each Service Portfolio is responsible for a set of systems that is broadly aligned to agency business functions. Each Service Portfolio will be led by a Service Portfolio Manager.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
We are looking for an experienced technical business analyst in the Corporate and Specialist systems portfolio. This portfolio manages the Ministry's Corporate systems such as Financial Management Information system (FMIS), Human Resources Information system (HRIS), Health and Safety systems, and Property management systems. This role reports into the Service Portfolio Manager (who in turn reports into the Chief Technology Officer). The Ministry is in the process of replacing its FMIS and HRIS systems with modern Cloud based systems.
Specifically, this technical business analyst role is responsible for the business analysis and configuration of the Finance related technology systems within the Service Portfolio.
You will have experience in one or more of cloud-based ICT systems such as SAP. Key responsibilities include:
- Collect, document, interpret, analyse and confirm specifications for new, enhanced or changed requirements from the business.
- Select the most appropriate means of representing and managing technology level business requirements in the context of a specific initiative and more broadly across multiple initiatives, remaining aware of other organisational processes such as governance and assurance.
- Work on Finance related technology solutions including small configurations in the systems.
About you | Mōu
- Experience as a technical business analyst in large organisations and a track record of performance in complex environments such as SAP
- Experience of projects in both new and emerging technologies, legacy applications and systems integration
- Demonstrated understanding of technology solutions within the Finance business unit.
What's in it for you - Nou te rourou:
The opportunity to be part of a fantastic team where you will have the chance to provide strategic direction and influence within our Corporate Services portfolio and also gain experience with modern Cloud solutions such as SAP.
We offer a dedicated and supportive environment, flexible work options and the opportunity to apply your skills and experience at an exciting time of transition.
How to apply - Me pehea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 26 June 2022
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. We have strict health & safety measures to keep our people safe and as part of this role, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or intend to be prior to starting with us. We may also ask you to undertake COVID-19 tests during your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Technical Business Analyst March 2021.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.