Systems Lead - Workplace Technology Services at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role: Systems Lead - Workplace Technology Services
Reports to: Service Portfolio Manager
Location: Wellington / Auckland
Job type: Permanent
Are you a delivery-focussed leader interested in;
- Improving outcomes for tamariki, rangatahi and whanau
- Being part of Oranga Tamariki's Technology and Channels group at an exciting time
- Working with our technology vendor partners to execute and deliver technology services to our staff, enabling better outcomes for all
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the team | Mo te roopu:
Technology and Channels is responsible for the Ministry's technology strategy, systems and services. We have implemented a new technology operating model so that we can deliver our responsibilities more efficiently, through a business-aligned structure by leveraging new Cloud‑based platforms. Our operating model is founded on three main principles:
- User-centricity is paramount, with a focus on the front-line and the wider sector.
- We are Cloud-only and asset-light, choosing to buy as-a-service offerings from third party suppliers, rather than own technology assets.
- Our systems and processes are agile and enabling, to deliver changes faster, reduce complexity and simplify system interactions.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
We are looking for a Systems Lead in the Workplace Technology Services portfolio, reporting to the Service Portfolio Manager.
The primary role for the Systems Lead, will be to bring our new networking vision to life, Own the transition to true Zero trust networking, implementing new tools, hardware, processes and procedures.
Be involved at the concept of the design all the way through implementation and operationalizing of a new network and operating model for the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving the vision of the future zero trust model networking
- Being a key stakeholder of the zero trust networking space
- Own the roadmaps for this space, keeping abreast of new and emerging trends and how they could / should apply to Oranga Tamariki
- Working with the wider Oranga Tamariki Business to understand current and future technology requirements
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the operational and technical environment for all technology systems within the Service Portfolio
- Lead the delivery of all system improvements, ensuring compliance with Change Management and Assurance processes
- Develop and maintain appropriate services to meet the business requirements
- Work closely with external delivery partners and internal stakeholders to ensure the best outcomes for tamariki and whanau
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the Ministry's IT Service Management process
About you | Mōu
- Be on the leading edge for zero trust networking, with experience in cloud-based solutions
- You will have considerable experience in zero trust networking, delivery lead or project manager in a large organisation as well as leading delivery of modern technology systems in a large, customer focussed environment
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and processes in the technology space
- Experience in leading delivery of modern technology systems in a large, customer focused environment
- Experience working within a structured business risk management framework
- Good understanding of delivery of social work and community services
- Ability to 'translate' technology concepts to business stakeholders clearly and respectfully
- Experience in developing and managing partnerships with technology suppliers and integration partners
What's in it for you - Nou te rourou:
The opportunity to be part of a fantastic team where you will have the chance to provide strategic direction and influence within our Data and Partnering Technologies services portfolio and also gain experience with modern Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, and Snowflake.
We offer a dedicated and supportive environment, flexible work options and the opportunity to apply your skills and experience at an exciting time of transition.
For a full list of our employee benefits please copy and paste the link below:
How to apply - Me pehea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 26 June 2022
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. We have strict health & safety measures to keep our people safe and as part of this role, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or intend to be prior to starting with us. We may also ask you to undertake COVID-19 tests during your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Systems Lead.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.