Maori Health Services Advisor at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Support the delivery of ACC's Māori Health Strategy
- Competitive salary $82K - $96k plus 9% superannuation contribution
- Work life balance work from home up to 2 days per week
- Flexible location across our ACC sites.
With ACC, you'll be supporting people in Aotearoa to stay safe by minimising the incidence and impact of injury, as well as helping them recover from injury if an accident does happen. Join us - an organisation that grew out of bold thinking and has an enduring commitment to care for others at work, home and play.
We have an exciting opportunity as our Māori Health Services Advisor, you will be responsible for supporting the ongoing design and delivery of services and programmes that will help ACC to better deliver on Māori customer needs.
This role will be focussed on supporting a portfolio of work being delivered to improve Māori health services, to address equity issues that exist for Māori, and deliver improved outcomes for Māori.
Some of the important mahi you will be involved in:
- Provide ACC business units and teams with appropriate Māori cultural advice for the development of health services offered to Māori
- Engaging with and supporting our providers to understand equity issues that exist for Māori within ACC and supporting them to evolve their service offerings to include Māori health choices, and improved kaupapa Māori services.
- Support the implementation of Māori health and other kaupapa Māori services across the organisation.
- As our operational subject matter expert, you will support the wider organisation in relation to Māori health services.
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role:
- Similar and relevant experience in Māori health.
- Experience or knowledge of whānau-centred approaches, programmes, and delivery.
- Good knowledge of te reo and tikanga with a deep understanding of Māori culture and values, as well as strong iwi networks.
- Strong stakeholder management, with demonstrated experience influencing decisions with continuous improvement approaches.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, and the ability to connect with your wider whānau, iwi and communities.
We are a growing team led by dynamic and passionate Māori leaders; this role will report to the Māori Health Manager who reports to the Chief Clinical Officer & Head of Health Partnerships. Our team are a bunch of 'go getters' - we are friendly, supportive and have great senses of humour. We are very proud of the mahi we have achieved to date and still have a bit of a journey to travel to get us to where we want to be. So, if this is a role that sounds like a great fit for you, then apply today.
Working at ACC:
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ōna tikanga.
For a detailed position description click Position Description.pdf. Applications will run through to 24 June 2022 but please note that if an ideal candidate is found during this time we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.
Please attach your cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you will be a great fit for the role. Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.