Charge Clinical Physiologist, Respiratory and Sleep Services, Starship Child Health at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Charge Clinical Physiologist, Respiratory and Sleep Services, Starship Child Health
Nau mai, haere mai ki Auckland DHB!
Are you passionate about Sleep and Respiratory Physiology? Bring your expertise, your knowledge and your skills to make a difference around the way we approach our mahi to promote and protect the health and wellbeing of all people living in Tāmaki Makaurau.
• Charge Clinical Physiologist role – make your mark!
• Permanent, full-time
• Auckland City Hospital location- Enjoy the NZ lifestyle
• Ideal candidate will have dual qualifications in both Sleep and Respiratory Physiology
Starship Child Health is the leading provider of paediatric care in New Zealand and the South Pacific, providing world-class inpatient, outpatient, trauma, emergency, and community care to children, young people and their families and whānau. Co-located with the adult hospital, we provide a full complement of subspecialty paediatric medical and surgical services.
The opportunity | Ngā whakaritenga o te mahi
We are currently seeking a Charge Clinical Physiologist to join the Starship Respiratory Physiology Laboratory which is a combined Respiratory and Sleep physiology laboratory supporting a tertiary paediatric respiratory service with considerable national activity. Our skilled team of 10 Physiologists work together to diagnose and treat sleep disordered breathing.
The position specifically involves roles in either Lung Function or Sleep in the clinical practice, leadership, quality assurance and teaching of (as relevant):
- Respiratory physiology assessment (lung function testing)
- Exercise testing
- Sleep physiology assessment (level 1-4 sleep studies)
- Long-term CPAP, non-invasive and invasive ventilation
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
About you | He kōrero mōu
We are keen to hear from Sleep and/or Respiratory Physiologist’s interested in joining a friendly, hard-working, multidisciplinary team who provide assessment and support to local and national children with complex, chronic or severe respiratory diseases, respiratory failure and sleep disordered breathing. As the ideal candidate for this role you will:
- BSc in relevant field
- PGDip Sleep Physiology and/or Respiratory Physiology (Ideally dual qualification)
- Full registration in Sleep Physiology and/or Respiratory Physiology
- Experience managing people
- Experience in rostering and managing patient flow
- Clinical teaching experience
- A comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme
- A fast paced, unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as an administrative professional while working with a very friendly team.
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
To apply, please click on the link below and submit your application online attaching your latest CV and cover letter. If you have any queries about this opportunity, you can contact David McNamara via email on DavidMc@adhb.govt.nz. For help with your online application, please contact Honey Pillai, Recruitment Consultant on HPillai@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref ADHB14632.
Closing date: 11 July 2022
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Children’s Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.