Senior Advisor, Exercises at Te Rākau Whakamarumaru | National Emergency Management Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Want to make a real difference to the safety and security of New Zealanders?
- Keen to take simulation exercises in an emergency management setting to the next level?
- Design, develop and deliver realistic scenario activities
Be part of the team who raise and sustain the capability of emergency management personnel and promote a culture of continuous improvement and learning across the National Security System.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) provides national leadership to New Zealand's distributed emergency management system. NEMA's primary focus is on the performance and capability of the emergency management system as a whole, across all hazards and all risks and the 4 Rs of risk reduction, readiness, response and recovery. We are going through an exciting phase of growth and there will be more opportunities with NEMA over the coming months.
NEMA values diversity and inclusion. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity of our communities. We value and respect the contributions of our people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. We support flexible ways of working that bring out the best in you.
We are committed to doing our part to deliver on the Crown's commitments to Māori under Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We strive to actively build te Ao Māori perspectives and capability into our day to day work, values and practices.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
In this role you will be a key member of our team, playing a pivotal role in enhancing the emergency management system's capability through the development and delivery of simulation exercises for NEMA's National Coordination Centre, and the National Crisis Management Centre (NCMC).
The position sits with the System Capability Unit that is responsible for leading the identification, design and implementation of strategies that will build the capability, capacity and resilience of the emergency management system across New Zealand. This includes the importance of exercises to test current state, apply lessons learnt and assure readiness.
Ko wai koe | About you
We are looking for a candidate with the following attributes:
- A proven track record in developing and delivering training exercises
- Highly collaborative
- Strong relationship management skills
- A creative thinker able to design and deliver quality activities to test and develop
- Possess excellent judgement and decision-making abilities
- A high level of written and verbal communication - exemplary report and documentation writing skills
Huanga Whaiaro | Key requirements
Key requirements of the role include:
- A passion for exercise development with strong planning and task prioritisation skills
- Significant experience in emergency management exercise development
- A strong aptitude to be able to influence, build and maintain effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Proven ability to analyse information, problem solve and champion change
- Strong project management experience with a proven ability to deliver
- Sound technical acumen in IT and communication systems
- A responsive proactive and pragmatic approach
Ta matou e tuku | What we offer
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a working environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. We welcome diversity, in all its forms and we believe it is a strength.
All NEMA roles are flexible by default and a positive work life balance is encouraged.
The salary range for this role is $94,716 - $111,431 per annum including employer Kiwisaver contributions.
Whakaritenga Haumaru | Security Requirements
Due to the security requirements of this role, applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
DPMC and NEMA have adopted a Vaccination Policy which requires all candidates to have a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, otherwise known as a My Vaccine Pass (CVC) in order to commence employment.
Me pehea te tono | How to apply
Please select 'Apply' to download a position description or apply. If you have any questions, contact Sara Mitchell on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 26 June 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Rākau Whakamarumaru | National Emergency Management Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||NEMA - JD - Senior Advisor Exercises (June 2022).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.