Recovery Coordinator - Alexandra at Accident Compensation Corporation, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our purpose at ACC is to improve lives every day. It's to put our customers first, showing them manaakitanga and supporting their wellbeing. It's to enable everyone in Aotearoa the freedom to live their lives knowing that if they need us, we'll be there.
As a Recovery Coordinator at ACC you'll play a critical role in supporting our clients who have suffered injuries, ensuring their effective rehabilitation and subsequent return to independence.
We offer flexible working options, development opportunities within ACC and life insurance, discounted Southern Cross health insurance, discounted gym membership, retail discounts and staff banking packages.
What can I expect?
As a Recovery Coordinator, you will work within a national team to support people who have an accident related injury. You will primarily hold a caseload of clients who require individual support because of the nature of their injury or needs. Working together with our clients, their employer and providers, you will develop an understanding of their needs and tailor a programme that ensures a planned road to recovery. You will keep in regular contact via phone, email or at times, in person to continue to provide support and guide their recovery towards independence.
For further information about the role, please click on Recovery Coordinator
What would I need to be successful?
- Strong communication skills are important - written and verbal, in an engaging and supportive style.
- The ability to interpret, apply and explain complex technical information, solid time management skills, the ability to organise your day well, and agility to modify plans to meet client needs
- Empathy - some client situations are complex so you'll need to be able to demonstrate strong emotional intelligence
- Personal resilience - as you will be working with people experiencing challenging circumstances
Working at ACC:
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga
Join us - an organisation that grew out of bold thinking and has an enduring commitment to care for others at work, home, and play.
Applications will run through Sunday 26 June 2022
If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.