Expression of Interest - Health Scholarship Programme - Waitematā District Health Board at Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Health Scholarship Programme supports Māori and Pacific people living in the Waitematā region (North Shore City, Waitakere City and Rodney District) to complete an undergraduate health science degree with an accredited New Zealand tertiary education provider.
As well as providing you with financial fees support of up to $5,000 for each year of your undergraduate study, we’ll also provide that all-important connection to our DHB so you can access clinical placement opportunities during your study. We will also provide you with employment opportunities when you graduate from your degree programme.
The scholarships are available to people enrolled on undergraduate health science degrees in New Zealand.
The main eligibility criteria for scholarship applications are:
- New Zealand citizenship and/or permanent residency
- Māori or Pacific ethnicity
- A completed online application before the closing date
- Evidence of community involvement
- Demonstrated understanding of health inequalities and why we need to grow our Māori and Pacific health workforces.
- A commitment to working for Waitematā DHB on graduation
- Students receiving funding under the fees free programme are ineligible for the scholarship
Waitemata DHB Health Scholarship Application Guide:
To apply for the scholarship, you will need to create a login on our Recruitment Centre website.
Please allow about 20 minutes to complete the online screening questions and some additional time to upload your CV and Cover Letter.
Once you have started your application you can save it and return to complete it at any time before the closing date.
Be sure to;
Answer all questions to the best of your ability on the online submission
Upload a copy of your CV
Upload a cover letter outlining your reasons for choosing your career in the health sciences and why a scholarship with Waitematā is important to you - please use the eligibility criteria as a guide We encourage you to include why this Scholarship would be beneficial to you (e.g. – career pathway, ease of financial burden, serving your community)
Tips and support on how to set out your CV and prepare for an interview can be found here
If you are successful in reaching interview stage, we will contact you by phone or email to arrange a time.
- This scholarship does not cover postgraduate study
- This is a bonded scholarship programme. This means that you are expected to put Waitematā DHB down as a first preference for all of your clinical placement experience during your studies. Once you graduate, you will be bonded to work at Waitematā for two years and hopefully you will stay with us beyond that.
The exception to this are Medical Students, who will need to put Waitematā DHB down for your TI and PGY1 year.
Please apply on-line at wdhbcareers.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland)|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.