Senior Analyst - Economic Capability team at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Operate at the forefront of economic thought in implementing the Treasury's Living Standards Framework
- Lead the development of exemplar projects that demonstrate how the Living Standards Framework (LSF) can support better policy analysis and advice.
- Contribute to the Treasury's first ever Wellbeing Report.
- Engage with thought leaders on wellbeing economics and analysis in New Zealand and internationally.
Mō mātou | About Us
At Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
The Economic Capability team is responsible for developing the Treasury's Living Standards Framework and for supporting its implementation across the Treasury. We are looking for someone with a passion for embedding wellbeing into policy to join the team as a Senior Analyst.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
The Treasury sees the overall goal of public policy as the improvement of living standards and intergenerational well-being. We want to continue to build on our reputation for innovation and cutting-edge policy advice.
Following the recent refresh of the LSF in 2021, your role will be to support its implementation in the work of the Treasury and to build our wellbeing analysis capability. In particular, you will lead our work with Treasury teams to apply the LSF to economic policy issues and Wellbeing Budgets. This includes strengthening our understanding of how we can use the LSF alongside He Ara Waiora (a framework that helps the Treasury to understand a Māori perspective on wellbeing).
There will also be an opportunity to contribute to the Treasury's first Wellbeing Report as now required every four years under the Public Finance Act. You will also engage with New Zealand and international wellbeing experts and practitioners to share learnings about embedding wellbeing into policy.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
You will have at least five years of experience working on policy analysis and advice. Your analytical skills are complemented by your ability to work well with others and to communicate complex ideas in a simple and engaging way. You will be intellectually curious and test existing thinking through constructive debate.
We would prefer candidates with a strong background as a practising economist. Experience in bringing wellbeing approaches into policy, such as using wellbeing data and evidence to inform policy development, would also be an advantage.
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
Interesting and stimulating work across a diverse range of areas, with opportunities to have a positive impact on the lives of New Zealanders.
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations within a small and cohesive team environment.
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and high-performing team and internal opportunities across the organisation.
- A workplace that values diversity and inclusion and recognises the value of your lived experiences.
- Flexible work arrangements and encouragement to enjoy a positive work/life balance with and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
- 5 weeks annual leave for permanent full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time employees.
Please see the attached Job Description for further detail. If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role, please contact Diana Cook, Manager of Economic Capability (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Inter-agency secondments from other government agencies will be considered.
Applications close Monday 4 July 2022. All applications must be made online. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior Analyst JD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.