Domain Lead - Information Governance at Inland Revenue Department, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Inland Revenue plays a critical role in improving the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealanders. We do this by collecting and distributing money, we collect 80% of the Crown's revenue and distribute social support payments.
Mō mātou | About us
The Enterprise Information and Knowledge team offer a range of data, information and knowledge services and products to support capability maturity uplift to Inland Revenue. The fundamental goal of the group is to provide a coordinated, enterprise-wide approach to the management of IR's data, information, and knowledge resources and practices.
Enterprise Information and Knowledge aims to ensure IR is obtaining the maximum value from its investments in data, information and knowledge, information technology and people; meeting IR's information compliance obligations and minimising information-related risks.
Mō te tūnga-| About the role
You will be a leader of specialists and a key member of the Enterprise Information and Knowledge leadership team. You will work collaboratively to ensure the delivery of high-quality advice and data and information and knowledge governance services to meet the needs of our internal customers and external stakeholders. You'll work closely with leaders across IR to support strategic organisational and government priorities, and some travel is required given team locations.
Day to day you will:
- Understand and support the role of Data, Information and Knowledge governance in the Enterprise Governance system - ensuring appropriate stewardship of these assets and the delivery of high-quality actionable data, information and knowledge to internal customers and external stakeholders
- Lead and manage your teams to support our trusted business partner model through ensuring your teams:- Know and understand our internal customers and external stakeholders' worlds to provide and adapt the support and services provided
- Are solutions focused
- Provide timely and fit for purpose governance services to your stakeholders
- Successfully lead, coach and develop Information Specialists within Enterprise Information and Knowledge to build capability and deliver better business outcomes
- Identify opportunities for capability uplift, development of governance solutions for internal customers and support continuous improvement, all whilst effectively managing workflow and service delivery
- Drive the enhancement of IR's responsiveness to Māori - influencing and coaching colleagues to ensure these priorities are embedded into all aspects of our culture and delivery.
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this position you will possess the following attributes:
- Passionate and committed to leading, developing, coaching and supporting your people
- Proven understanding of data, information and knowledge sharing in a government context
- Well respected for your data, information and knowledge governance and management capability with a curiosity and drive to maintain and enhance your expertise
- Embrace building teams with a collaborative and inclusive culture, focussed on delivering high quality advice and services
- Proven ability to manage and deliver across diverse workflows and work streams
- Champion the networked way of working, supporting, and enabling agility and collaboration
- Comfortable in thinking and delivering at both the strategic and day to day level.
Tono mai | Apply here
Does this sound like you? Have we piqued your interest? Please apply online quoting the relevant job number, and feel free to contact IRDCareers@ird.govt.nz if you have any questions. Like you, we pride ourselves on our friendly and informative communications, so do not hesitate to get in touch.
We have trust and integrity - we innovate to make a difference - we value people - we work together.
We're offering great flexibility, support and development opportunities unique to you and your aspirations so that you can bring your whole self to work and thrive with us.
Applications close on midday Wednesday 29 June 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Inland Revenue Department|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Information / Records Management|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.