Domestic Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent, Full Time and Part Time Available, Rotorua
Vacancy for a Domestic Worker at our Youth Justice Residence 'Te Maioha o Parekarangi'. Both positions are on a three week rotating roster.
There is a capacity for a full time appointment and/or a part time appointments - (40 hours, 24 hours, or 16 hours).
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The purpose of the role of the Domestic Worker is to provide a high quality and responsive domestic cleaning service.
The safety of and outcomes for children and young persons in our care is paramount. In undertaking the duties of Domestic Worker you will consistently demonstrate appropriate models of behaviour, ensuring that any interaction has a positive influence and brightens the outcome for those children and young persons in our care.
In this this position you will:
- Provide a professional, high-quality and responsive cleaning service across all areas including toilets, bathrooms and kitchen areas; maintain office and visitor areas to a corporate standard
- Develop and maintain a laundry service for the residence which includes laundering and minor repair of residents' clothing, and general laundry excluding bed linen and towels
- Be responsible for Health and Safety by identifying and escalating hazards, risks and issues
- Undertake stock control of all cleaning, laundry, first aid, consumables and linen supplies
- Ensure that all tools, equipment and consumables are safely and securely managed
- Prepare reports and complete audits as required
- Ensure that any interaction is appropriate and has a positive influence on the tamariki in our care
- Contribute to team goals through active participation in team meetings, support of other team members, work allocation, team planning and initiating new team practice.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- Ability to pass Police Vetting and Background Safety checks (please note: Clean Slate Act does not apply)
- A full clean valid New Zealand Driver License
- New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency at time of application
- Experience working in a commercial cleaning and/or laundry setting preferred
- Empathy and understanding towards tamariki
- Good communication skills - including basic computer skills
- An appreciation of privacy and confidentiality
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Resilience, flexibility and reliability
- An outcome focus, with the ability to work unsupervised
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Applications close: 28 June 2022
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
At this time Oranga Tamariki invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021).We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption. We will require evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.