Ministerial Services Adviser at Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Join a skilled team working on a wide range of issues.
- Work at the heart of the Government’s foreign policy Ministry.
- Flexible working arrangements/hours available.
Join a unique and complex global Ministry and broaden your Ministerial Services skills and experience.
We are looking for an Adviser to join our busy Ministerial Services team in our Executive Services Division (ESD). You should be a resilient, team player with great people and time management skills. You'll work across the Ministry to manage the development of responses to Official Information Act requests, Ministerial correspondence, proactive release of OIA responses and Cabinet papers, and assist with other projects as you are able.
The appointment range for the Ministerial Services Adviser role is $68,449 – $92,607 total remuneration including employer contribution to Kiwisaver - negotiable depending on experience.
- A focus on quality writing and political nous are critical components of the role, as is the ability to work independently to tight deadlines and work collaboratively within the team and wider organisation. You’ll also have experience working within the New Zealand government system/public service, particularly in a ministerial or parliamentary servicing role.
- Possibly, you have even worked in a secure environment and held a security clearance.
- Sound working knowledge of the Official Information Act 1982.
- An ability to quickly and confidently develop effective relationships with a wide range of subject matter experts.
- You like to have a lot on the go, manage multiple tasks and adjust your priorities as needed
- Able to exercise sound judgement and appropriately manage/mitigate risk.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
This is not a Foreign Policy/diplomatic role. This is a ‘Corporate’ role (known here as a Specialist role) based in central Wellington, NZ.
While it is not usual for specialist staff to be ‘posted’ outside of NZ, from time to time a specialist role overseas becomes available at one of our embassies, high commissions, missions or consulates. To be considered for one of these positions you will need to apply and be considered via a competitive recruitment process.
If you have an interest in an MFAT foreign policy career you will be welcome to apply for this either via our graduate recruitment or mid-level foreign policy recruitment campaigns.
We are committed to a focus on leadership, talent, training and development, and flexible work options. Check out our benefits page to find out more about why we love working here.
We are also working to grow the diversity of our workforce and the inclusive nature of our workplace. Click on our diversity and inclusion page to find out more.
Our people represent New Zealand on and offshore, and in doing so make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. By building connections with and influencing other countries and international institutions, we advance New Zealand’s interests and pursue New Zealand's values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
Please apply online and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role. For a confidential discussion, please email Owen Thornber, Unit Manager, via email email@example.com.
For a copy of the Ministerial Services Adviser position description please click here.
You must be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government security clearance. Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process. http://www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/eligibility-tool
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday, 29th June 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.