Cyber Security Manager at Inland Revenue Department, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō mātou | About us
Te Tari Taake 'Inland Revenue' plays a critical role in improving the economic and social wellbeing of Aotearoa 'New Zealand'. We do this by collecting and distributing money - we collect 80% of the Crown's revenue and distribute social support payments.
We are committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori customers and our employees, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Also important to us is how we work - our organisation continues to develop a culture which is customer-centric, intelligence-led, agile, and inclusive. We offer flexible work practices where you'll be encouraged to innovate and prioritise your professional development to achieve your career goals.
Mō te roopu | About the team
Enterprise Services is an organisation-wide function that supports our people to operate efficiently and safely, by providing seamless, integrated end-to-end services. The Information & Cyber Security Services function provides capabilities to our Primary and Supporting Technology Service teams to ensure access to the relevant information and cyber security expertise they require.
Mō te tūnga-| About the role
The Cyber Security Operations Manager is one of two Service Owners reporting to the CTO and holds the full and critical responsibility of managing cyber threats and liaising with key stakeholders to identify risk and need. With your team of six, you will lead the development and enhancement of our security capabilities by understanding the end-to end vision and delivery of our security initiatives, services, and capabilities.
You will proactively monitor a wide range of sources ranging from databases to underground forums and social media to identify and investigate potential cyber threats to IR.
In this varied role you will:
- Develop and manage operational procedures and processes
- Enforce and advise on security polices and standards
- Proactively identify and manage security incidents
- Maintain a deep understanding of threat actor groups, campaigns and tactics, techniques and procedures
- Work with government contacts to promote bi-directional sharing of cyber intelligence reports
- Participate and work within vulnerability management and supply chain security
- Review and provide recommendations on security exemptions
- Provide technical and architectural guidance for operational cyber security matters
- Inform the development of the security policies and standards
- Generate reports on cyber security performance and keep key stakeholders informed.
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this position you will:
- Be exceptionally credible within an ICT security operational environment and have proven experience in a technical discipline
- Have knowledge of information security practices and information security risk analysis
- Be experienced in Information Security Standards such as AS/NZS2700x PSR, and NZISM, along with government classifications of information
- Have proven understanding of threat analysis and enterprise-level mitigation strategies
- Enjoy translating business risks to cyber risks and corresponding direction for intelligence collection activities and advising clients on threat mitigation strategies
- Naturally create and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders and external vendors to deliver quality outcomes.
This is a business critical role requiring a high performing and well organised leader who is both forward thinking and a good team player.
Tono mai | Apply here
Does this sound like you? Have we piqued your interest? Please apply online with your CV and cover letter, and feel free to contact IRDCareers@ird.govt.nz if you have any questions. Like you, we pride ourselves on our friendly and informative communications, so do not hesitate to get in touch.
We have trust and integrity - we innovate to make a difference - we value people - we work together.
We're offering great flexibility, support and development opportunities unique to you and your aspirations so that you can bring your whole self to work and thrive with us.
Applications close Wednesday 29 June 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Inland Revenue Department|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.