Fellow - Maternal Fetal Medicine at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Join New Zealand’s largest academic tertiary hospital
- Enjoy our relaxed lifestyle with close proximity to the beautiful Auckland Domain
- Opportunity to join from Feb 2023 to Feb 2024
- Relocation support available!
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Auckland District Health Board (ADHB) is one of the largest quality health providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary services to around 1.6 million people in the northern region as well as nationally for specific specialities.
National Women's Health provides subspecialty services in Maternal Fetal Medicine, Gynaecological Oncology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Subspecialties of Urogynaecology and Minimal Access Surgery are also being developed. There are 6,600 births per annum at National Women’s Health.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The Maternal Fetal Medicine Service provides a regional service to 40,000 pregnant women and Fetal Therapy and Fetal Cardiac Services to New Zealand and some Pacific Islands (65,000 pregnancies). The hospital has a close association with the Auckland University Faculty of Health Sciences and has a leading role in research, undergraduate teaching and post graduate training.
We are only one of four units in Australasia that can offer such a unique opportunity which includes:
- Active research programmes;
- New Zealand Maternal Fetal Medicine Network - established in 2009 with support from the Ministry of Health to promote excellent MFM services around New Zealand;
- National Women’s Health is RANZCOG accredited for Specialist Maternal Fetal Medicine Training (two positions);
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists supervise research undertaken by trainees and are leading both local and multicentre research programs.
- The position will encompass a mix of maternal and fetal medicine, delivery suite and on call commitments.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role you should be within 1 year of reasonable expectation of vocational registration in O&G with the Medical Council of NZ. As a NZ Integrated Training Programme trainee of RANZCOG, you will either have been awarded FRANZCOG within the past 2 years or eligible for FRANZCOG within 12 months of appointment.
This role will provide you:
- The opportunity for research, undergraduate teaching and postgraduate training in association with the Auckland University Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences and Auckland University School of Medicine.
- High quality training towards RANZCOG CMFM in accredited training positions
This is genuinely an outstanding and challenging clinical leadership opportunity within the NZ Public Health Sector. If this opportunity interests you, we would like to hear from you.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
For further information about these great opportunities, please contact Dr Jason Waugh, Service Clinical Director, Regional Maternity Service via email: email@example.com
To apply visit our website http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/ using job reference number AUC15256 and attach a copy of your CV and cover letter.
For help with your online application, please contact Maylaine Cerna Recruitment Consultant at the Careers Centre, MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz.
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.