CHEF DE PARTIE at Te Papa, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Bellamys by Logan Brown Restaurant and Bar is situated in the Beehive on Level 3. Previously only open to those working in the precinct we are now open to the general public. We like all of our guests to experience a welcoming, inspiring and genuine taste of our place, our people and the produce that makes us proud to be a Kiwi - Kia Ora, Kai, Kaitiaki.
We are looking for an experienced chef to work 40 hours a week, primarily working Monday to Friday. The chef we are seeking will be passionate about food and creating an exceptional dining experience.
A qualified and experienced chef who take pride in their work, enjoy a fast paced environment and understand food hygiene and preparation principles. If you take pride in the food that you prepare and serve and are a great team player. We want to take up the challenge of working in a high volume environment, then this is the job opportunity for you.
Ideally you will have:
- Detailed knowledge of and a passion for modern cuisine trends
- Previous experience working in a dining or restaurant establishment
- Cooking/Chef Qualification
- The ability to work under pressure
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work according to agreed targets and urgent demands
- The ability to be part of a positive team environment
- The ability to work alone or as part of a shift team
- Good working knowledge of all local and government legislation regarding hygiene and safe working conditions
- The ability to think laterally and to make sound, informed decisions
Generally hours worked will be Monday to Friday in our kitchen, however we do require flexibility to work weekends subject to requirements. The work across our operation is busy, fast paced and in a fantastic, friendly team environment, so come join us!
The role is fixed term until December 2022 which is within the duration of the arrangement that Te Papa has with Parliamentary Services.
The salary range for this position is $43,800 to $54,591. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
Applications close: 30 June 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Hospitality & Tourism|
|Attachment:||PD_Chef de Partie.pdf (PDF, 206KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.