Senior Advisor at Te Kawa Mataaho | Public Service Commission, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Kawa Mataaho Public Service Commission leads the public sector to make a positive difference for New Zealand and New Zealanders.
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Advisor to join our Ministerial and Executive Services team in the Office of the Public Service Commissioner.
This permanent position provides efficient and effective ministerial services to the Commission and its stakeholders. It is also the Commission's key liaison with the office of the Minister for the Public Service which requires oversight of complex and sensitive requests.
Our agency, which houses the Office of the Head of the Public Service, sets the course, role models what good looks like, and leads the system to deliver the results and services that matter to New Zealanders.
Our purpose is to lead the State services while protecting and enhancing the standards of integrity and conduct that are at the heart of what we do. Working with us is about being part of a small agile team, with a big ambition. Our ambition means we enable our people to push the boundaries and strive for better, while encouraging our colleagues across other agencies to do the same.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a close, supportive and high-performing team where you can broaden your experience, grow your career and showcase your skills and potential.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a senior-level advisor who has strong experience working in a Ministerial Services team, minister's office, or chief executive's office, and is comfortable providing advice to senior leaders
- Be a team player who enjoys supporting and mentoring more junior staff, with a willingness to step up and lead the team when needed
- Be a self-starter, organised, and enthusiastic
- Be able to influence and inspire those around you
- Be able to build strong effective relationships with the Commission teams
- Be able to lead the development of innovative and progressive practice across all aspects of then Ministerial and Executive Services team responsibilities, including identifying opportunities to improve performance and training
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to work and comfortable working in an environment of continuous improvement
- Have experience leading ministerial and parliamentary correspondence and questions, including Written and Oral Parliamentary Questions, and material for select committees
- Have a deep understanding of the Official Information Act (OIA) and experience handling complex and sensitive information
- Be able to maintain a high-standard of work for both yourself and the team
This role will suit an experienced Senior Adviser who is a confident and quick-learner, with strong collaboration skills, and an enthusiastic and flexible mind-set.
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Nicky Dirks, Manager – Ministerial and Executive Services.
We believe in a diverse and inclusive Public Service which reflects the communities that we serve. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job. Talk to us about what flexible work arrangements might work for both you and us.
This position usually pays between $98,200 to $133,035 depending on skills and experience.
Please note that all applicants are required to apply via jobs.govt.nz
Please submit your application by or on: 1/07/2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Kawa Mataaho | Public Service Commission|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Attachment:||POSITION DESCRIPTION - Senior Advisor Ministerial and Executive Services.docx (Word, 203KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.