Staff Grade Physiotherapist -Surgical at Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Full time (1FTE)
Allied Health Team 2
North Shore Hospital
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic physiotherapist to join our highly skilled and dedicated inpatient surgical physiotherapy team at North Shore Hospital.
This is a full time role working on the acute and elective surgical wards at North Shore Hospital and the Elective Surgical Centre. It includes providing pre-operative education to patients attending breast and upper gastro-intestinal surgery clinics, and includes providing cross cover into other acute wards as required.
You will be working as part of an established multi-disciplinary team providing quality early intervention, rehabilitation and discharge planning through a patient centred approach. You will be required to participate in the physiotherapy weekend service roster (respiratory, orthopaedics and emergency departments) as well as the 24/7 weekday and weekend on-call roster.
Key requirements for this role:
- NZ registered Physiotherapist
- Passion for working within the acute environment with at least 2 years of relevant inpatient surgical experience
- Strong clinical assessment and treatment skills
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Experience supervising staff and/or students
Within this role you will receive:
- A hardworking, supportive and fun work environment
- Opportunities to further develop your acute surgical skills and knowledge
- Support and development of your personal and professional goals
- Support and mentoring from senior clinicians and clinical coaches
- Education to be able to support junior staff with clinical development and supervision
- Regular professional supervision from experience clinicians
- Opportunities to contribute to service delivery and quality improvement projects
- Training and support for this available
- Credentialing for weekend work: required to work 3 weekend days/3 month roster
If this sounds like you then please apply online!
To view the position description, click here
For specific queries regarding the nature of the role please contact Nelmari Swanepoel, Clinical Leader for Physiotherapy at Nelmari.Swanepoel@waitematadhb.govt.nz.
For general enquiries or assistance with your application please contact Bairavi Thavarasa, Recruitment Assistant on: Bairavi.Thavarasa@waitematadhb.govt.nz
Job Number : WDHB14677
Closing Date : 11 July 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.