Senior Occupational Therapist - Community Rehabilitation at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Develop your leadership capabilities within our Community Rehabilitation team
- Work across diverse community settings in a full-time, permanent role
- Gain clinical experience in a wide variety of neurological conditions
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have the opportunity for an experienced Senior Occupational Therapist to join our dedicated Community Rehabilitation Team. This is a fixed-term, full-time position which offers the opportunity to you work with adults of all ages to enable them to achieve their rehabilitation goals. You will gain clinical experience with a wide variety of neurological conditions, including stroke and post-neurological surgery, as well as amputees and orthopaedic conditions. This role will also see you contributing to the service by:
- Working with adult clients in the community with physical disabilities and personal health needs
- Manage a clinical caseload providing comprehensive and evidence based care
- Contribute collaboratively to our multidisciplinary team including, Physiotherapy, Dietetics, Social Work and Medical colleagues
- Supervising and supporting junior OTs, and engaging in service development and quality improvement activities within the community setting
- Being prepared to take on delegated responsibilities from the practice supervisor as required
We have a strong IDT focus and value collaborative team working. We deliver rehabilitation in a flexible, client centred way in the community, clients home, our clinic and in group settings.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand registration as a Occupational Therapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 6+ years of clinical experience, neurological experience advantageous
- Clean, full New Zealand drivers licence
- Have a passion for provision of quality rehabilitation
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary bicultural environment
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- A flexible, pro-active approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact Tony Westwood (Community Rehabilitation Service Lead Adult Community and Long Term Conditions) on TWestwood@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
The Community Rehabilitation Team is an adult rehabilitation service that provides rehabilitation for clients of all ages following an acute event that has significantly changed their level of function and ability to participate in their normal pre-existing roles. The multi-disciplinary team includes occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech language therapists and a clinical psychologist.
Together the team provide rehabilitation for clients with a wide range of conditions including new stroke, new diagnosis of neurological condition, new amputation, orthopaedic conditions including fracture, post-neurosurgery, significant deconditioning following a prolonged hospital stay, and others requiring an intensive multidisciplinary approach. The team delivers rehabilitation in a flexible, client centred way in the home, community setting and/or our clinics.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Friday, 1 July 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB14354 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.