Service Lead Community Rehabilitation - Adult Community Services at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you looking for the opportunity to develop your operational and leadership skills whilst maintaining close links to clinical practice?
- Excellent combined clinical and operational leadership role working within Community Rehabilitation Services
- Working for Auckland DHB is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the health and wellbeing of our Auckland community
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have the opportunity for a New Zealand Registered Allied Health professional, recognized by their peers for their clinical expertise and leadership capability to join our dynamic, supportive and self-motivated team as a Service Lead. This permanent, full-time role will see you providing both clinical leadership and operational management to our Community Rehabilitation Services team.
- As a service we encourage innovative approaches that will take our department and our business management to the next level of performance and enhance the development of services and staff
- Contribute to the leadership and clinical governance of Adult Community Service
- A strong focus on service delivery and engaging your team in continuous improvement activities are critical to success
- You will be a valued member of the Adult Community Services Leadership Team and encouraged and supported to develop your potential, including your leadership and management skills
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal candidate for the role, you will have the following attributes:
- New Zealand Registered Allied Health Professional with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 5+ years previous leadership experience in Allied Health and/or Clinical experience in rehabilitation
- Demonstrated ability to work at an advanced clinical level in a health environment
- Working towards or completed relevant clinical or management Post Graduate / Masters degree or equivalent
- A comprehensive understanding of the obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and a commitment to supporting equitable outcomes for Māori
- Able to bring together, balance and deliver the combined demands of quality, operations and business management through outstanding leadership and delegation
- Highly developed computer skills (e.g. can confidently construct pivot tables within Excel)
- Effective time management, flexibility, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact Beth Rogers (Service Clinical Director) on 021 548 106 or BRogers@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
Within this service the team offer an Early Supported Discharge (ESD) programme for ADHB clients delivered at a similar intensity to inpatient rehabilitation but in a community setting. The client group is predominately those discharging from hospital following an acute event having experienced a significant change in level of function and ability to participate in their pre-existing roles.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anesha Pillay - Recruitment Consultant at Aneshag@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB14753 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.